none
Excel 2016 Pivot Table format question RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working on a VBA macro to format a data dump - it was going pretty well until I was told that the 'Ready Date' needed to be in there too.  So it's clumping the columns together in a way that I don't want.  But I'm not sure how to format it differently - looking for suggestions. . .

What it should look like:

APT NUMBER      Ready Date    Paint    Clean     Insp

123                     6/01/2018    Comp   Comp   Comp

245                     6/10/2018    Comp   Comp 

112                     6/11/2018

What I get:

6/01/2018                   6/10/2018                     6/11/2018

APT NUMBER      Paint    Clean    Insp      Paint    Clean    Insp       Paint    Clean   Insp

123                    Comp   Comp   Comp

245                                                        Comp   Comp 

Somethings I've solved by making additional columns in the data before producing the pivot table - any ideas???

Friday, June 1, 2018 6:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Excel features, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for Excel

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exceldev

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 4, 2018 5:45 AM
  • Hello scirillo,

What's your source data? Could you please share a table of your source data?

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 2:58 AM