We have released a new flight with the build number 14965 for insiders. If you discover any new issues, please report it using the feedback app.
New this build:
- Updates were made to the license manager to address an issue seen when launching store apps after an OS update
- Updates were made to Windows Device Portal (Web Management) to address issues with changing the orientation of the display
- Updates were made to the Shell to address an issue with dismissing the popup menu when switching rapidly between applications
- GattDeviceService.GetCharacteristics may throw an unexpected System.ArgumentException
- Associating an MSA and selecting the “Sign in to this device using your Microsoft Account” option may prevent the default application from loading
- Store applications may fail to update with ERROR_PACKAGES_IN_USE
- Default applications may fail to start when using the store signed packages after a servicing update is applied
- The RPi3 Bluetooth Driver may fail pairing with devices
- The MinnowBoard Max firmware 0.93 has a known issue which can lead to network connectivity failure. It is recommended to use 0.92
A little niggle that still happens with the latest Build.
When I connect to my RPI2 running the latest build [14965.1001] via the remote client app and then disconnect when it turns on the screensaver the mouse cursor is still present and I fear this is going to cause issues with my 5" LCD touchscreen.
I just wish the touchscreen part would work, but that's a different post.
Is there going to be an update that might address hiding the mouse cursor when the screensaver kicks in?
For your touch screen question, I suggest you confirm with the OEM that their screen meets HID specifications. We have seen a Third Party fix for WaveShare so potentially you could let your OEM know about that fix as well.
I have not seen your issue with the mouse pointer but I have asked the IoT Core team if it is a known issue. Did you only notice the mouse pointer issue in the latest build? It was not occurring in any previous build to your knowledge?
It has done this with all versions since the RDC app has worked with it. It only seems to happen after connecting to my RPI via the Windows IoT Remote Client (Preview) and then disconnecting which seems to move my cursor to near the top right of the screen and then when the screensaver kicks in the mouse cursor stays visible.
I'm attaching a pic of it
As far as contacting the OEM on the touchscreen I am afraid that is not going to happen as they are some unknown Chines maker and I bought it on eBay and they [the seller] know less about it then most people. The model is XPT2046 H2 and it works fine on Raspbian using the waveshare32b-overlay.dtb overlay but not with Windows IoT
And thanks for getting back to me on this. It is much appreciated.
- Edited by TheQuestor Tuesday, November 15, 2016 6:29 AM
From the look of things it is maybe not a standard HID. Doing a quick web search would help. I found this just by "Binging" the part number https://github.com/spapadim/XPT2046
As for the mouse pointer, everyone is asleep here but me so I don't expect an answer today. :)
Update: The team has not seen this issue either so an item has been placed on the backlog for review (9821700)
- Edited by IoTGirlMicrosoft contingent staff, Moderator Wednesday, November 16, 2016 7:08 AM added update