none
New project not running RRS feed

• Question

• I am going by this example and trying to run my first application without any success. When I hit the F5 button on the bottom left side, a new window opens in excel and shows a blank un-editable sheet. I should have had  seen one line of text and a button from the code as below which is put in the body section of the html document

<div id="Content">
    	My content here 
    	<input id="output" /> <br />
            <button onclick="getTextFromDocument()">Get symbol</button> <br />

</div>
    What could be wrong?
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 3:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I'm looking into this query, please wait some time.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Monday, October 22, 2012 1:43 AM
  • What you describe is not a typical error to me. To troubleshoot the issue, please download and share your trial project. In the bottom left of Napa, click the "Open in Visual Studio" button. It will download the project in an exe. Please share it on Skydrive: http://skydrive.com Debug the project in Visual Studio should be able tell if there're some errors in Output window.

Monday, October 22, 2012 8:55 AM
  • I am trying this out using WIN 8 Release Preview and VS2012 RC is the only version of VS2012 that will work on it. Open in Visual studio doesnt work since I have an RC version of VS 2012. I got an option to download it in zip format after the open in VS 2012 error as you can see in the image below.

Error Message

How do I share this with you on skydrive?

Also, after unzipping the file and running the solution in VS 2012 RC nothing happens!! VS stays in debug mode and I don't see any browser or anything of the sort opening.

• Edited by LBMumbai Monday, October 22, 2012 2:39 PM added more data
    Monday, October 22, 2012 2:34 PM
  • I have seen the image but in different scenario: I'm with VS 2012 RTM. The downloaded project is in an .exe file. Only first time it can open the project Visual Studio, afterwards, double clicking will result in that dialog. To share the project (*.exe) in Skydrive, you need a Windows account, like (**@hotmail.com or **@outlook.com etc) Upload and share it. Please post the url here.

In my test, the downloaded project could open in Visual Studio and runs well. The content apps works in debug.

thanks.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 5:59 AM