List Circulation not send notification RRS feed

• Question

• I have created the list of type "Circulation" on sharepoint site.

I create a new entry in the "Circulation", enter the domain user accounts in column "Recipients". But these employees do not receive alerts about the creation Circular.

In what may be the problem?

• Edited by Delmar74 Monday, November 21, 2011 2:20 PM
    Monday, November 21, 2011 2:18 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

Have any of the Recipients received the email before? Have  you set any alert on the Circulation list ?

If not ,there will not be any emails send to the Recipients .The Recipients column is used to identify users who can Confirm the circulation .Not to automatically send email based on my testing .If you want to send email to employees ,then you should add alerts or create a workflow on the list to send email to Recipients .When setting alerts to send email to a user group , you should list the group members separately .Or only the group email  address will receive the email alert .Other group members with different email address will not get the emails .

Thanks,

Entan Ming

• Marked as answer by Entan Ming Thursday, December 1, 2011 1:10 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:20 AM
  • Hi ,

I have a test based on your description .You can use the Recipients column in send an email action in a workflow directly .Or you can create a people or group column to get the Recipients value .Remember to set the people or group column to allow multiple selection .

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Thursday, November 24, 2011 8:57 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Have any of the Recipients received the email before? Have  you set any alert on the Circulation list ?

If not ,there will not be any emails send to the Recipients .The Recipients column is used to identify users who can Confirm the circulation .Not to automatically send email based on my testing .If you want to send email to employees ,then you should add alerts or create a workflow on the list to send email to Recipients .When setting alerts to send email to a user group , you should list the group members separately .Or only the group email  address will receive the email alert .Other group members with different email address will not get the emails .

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:20 AM
  • Based on your answer it seems to me that I have two options:
    The first. To use the built-in "Recipients" column and somehow convert the values from it to valid e-mail addresses. Then create a new workflow that will use the converted values to send e-mails. Is it possible to do it?  I tried to do it but encountered a problem with the data format in the Recipient column : <9> <# Oleg S.> <# 12> <# Vladimir K.> <# 124>. This line goes to the "TO" field in e-mail and everything fails.What is the problem?
    The second. I can create the new column with data type "Users or Group". But the question is: how can I automatically copy values from the built-in Recipients column to my new column because these two fields have different data types. How can I solve this issue?
    Regards,
    Oleg Sh.
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:52 AM
  • Hi ,

I have a test based on your description .You can use the Recipients column in send an email action in a workflow directly .Or you can create a people or group column to get the Recipients value .Remember to set the people or group column to allow multiple selection .

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Thursday, November 24, 2011 8:57 AM
  • The recipients field by default shows names not email addresses and I couldn't find a way to use it as the 'To' field in a workflow email.

So I created another field for the Circulation list to collect multiple users.  In the definition of the field I selected to display email addresses instead of the default 'name'.

Then i created a workflow and set the 'To' field in the email to CurrentItem:<name of my new field>.

It sent emails to each of the persons listed in my new field.

Now I have a different problem. I would like to have each user be able to 'confirm' the circulation. How do I do that?

Friday, January 24, 2014 9:58 PM