a dharma clock RRS feed

• Question

• i want to make a dharma clock with sound effects and hieroglyphics, please tell me how to do so from the television show LOST. and to push the button every 108 mins i would like a little ':>" sign too.

Never Fear Spartucus49 is here

• Edited by Tyler Tomko Thursday, July 5, 2012 12:42 AM
    Thursday, July 5, 2012 12:29 AM

Answers

• What is your goal here?

If it is to learn to progam VB, you are starting with something REALY to hard to do for a beginer.

If it is to get a program of the clock with the right look .. 108 minute countdown .. hieroglyphs ... and sound, without having to actualy program it yourself, then you can download it here

http://jimbobslimbob.com/files/setupswanstationtimer.zip

• Edited by Crazypennie Saturday, July 7, 2012 6:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Tyler Tomko Sunday, July 8, 2012 6:05 PM
    Saturday, July 7, 2012 6:42 PM

All replies

• Since this appears to be a fictional item, you would have to describe how the program functions in order to get suggestions on how to create it.

It is also best to start writing some code on your own and then to post specific questions when you run into trouble.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Thursday, July 5, 2012 9:33 PM
  • well, in the show, there was a hatch, and u had to push a button every 108 minutes in order to save the world, so how this prog will function, i need a timer! a timer  i want a little window that gives u a prompt  like the '>:' thing in teh pic, i do not own this picture but i want a clock like that with the >: sign, the numbers to make teh clock go back to 108 you have to enter the numbers: 4 8 15 16 23 42 and when the clock goes down to 0, past zero, i want hieroglyphics to flip up in place, i will provide a picture below. and finally, i want it to crush up! i will also show another pic. i also want hyroglyphics to appear, example:i do NOT own this pic!!!credit goes to enterthehatch.com

• Edited by Tyler Tomko Thursday, July 5, 2012 10:03 PM
    Thursday, July 5, 2012 9:53 PM

• Never Fear Spartucus49 is here

Thursday, July 5, 2012 9:55 PM
  • i want teh clock to look like that,, and after that i will take care of teh rest ^ as seen above, again i do not own this pic.

Thursday, July 5, 2012 9:58 PM
  • Sounds like you can use a Timer on a form with a 1 minute interval and then have the Tick event handler set five pictureboxes to the appropriate images.  You'll need pictures of the digits 0-9 that look like they are split in half, and then similar images of each symbol.

There is no indication of how the user would input any numbers so you'll have to come up with an input mechanisim first and then you can track the input to see if it equals your desired sequence.

You can use the forums to get an idea of how to get started, or to get help with a specific problem.  At this point I think you need to start writing some code and then you can start a new thread with a specific issue if you run into one.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Thursday, July 5, 2012 10:22 PM
  • Start by creating an image for the clock frame and then images for the digits 0 to 9 in the two different styles.

Display the clock frame image on your form, and overlay it with the digit images at their correct relative locations.

Add a timer to your form, set the timer interval to the clock tick interval and enable it.

Create a counter variable to record the clock time.

Add code in the timer tick event to update the counter and change the digit images according to the current counter value.

Thursday, July 5, 2012 10:24 PM
  • please send me VERY DETAILED instructions at my email address: spartucus48@hotmail.com

Thursday, July 5, 2012 10:27 PM
  • please send me VERY DETAILED instructions at my email address:

Please send me the cheque in full payment before I start work.

Or, perhaps you would like to start the project in the meantime, and show us the code that you have used to implement the steps that are outlined above.

Thursday, July 5, 2012 10:30 PM
  • u want me to pay u??? y cant u just do it 4 free!

Thursday, July 5, 2012 10:31 PM
  • ????

Thursday, July 5, 2012 10:45 PM
  • hello???

Thursday, July 5, 2012 11:16 PM
  • Hi Tyler,

what Acamar was trying to tell you is that this is a forum where users help users for free, and there is no time limit whether and when replies are written. The discussion is held here in the forum, therefore the message you wrote can be read very instructive, like "send me something at my home for free!". :-) In addition, words IN CAPITALS are usually read as SCREAMING. I guess this misunderstanding can be cleared up easily.

Armin

Thursday, July 5, 2012 11:21 PM
  • oh, ok, acamar, can you please send me very detailed info? please sir, my email is: spartucus48@hotmail.com

Thursday, July 5, 2012 11:48 PM
  • could eitherone of you plz send me the info thanks

Thursday, July 5, 2012 11:51 PM
  • but one of the things is, i dont know any code, so therefore, i cant start it.

Thursday, July 5, 2012 11:54 PM
  • i know its a double post, but how do u make a simple countdown timer and add noises as its counting down beep at 4 mins, loud under a min, and rapid under 10 seconds plz reply soon, tell me what to declare, and what to do

Friday, July 6, 2012 12:33 AM
  • Add a Timer to the Form. Handle it's Tick event. When starting the Timer, also start a Stopwatch. In the Tick event, you can use the Stopwatch to see how much time has elapsed. The remaining time is the total countdown time minus the elapsed time. You can play a sound by calling the Play method of a System.Media.SoundPlayer object. You cannot change the loudness directly, so you have to provide multiple sounds with a different loudness.

Armin

Friday, July 6, 2012 12:50 AM
  • thank you sir, but i just dont know what im doing, maybe you can elaborate on it, plz give me step-by-step instructions, please sir.

Friday, July 6, 2012 12:55 AM
  • Which previous knowledge do you have? Just asking so that I know where to start.

Armin

Friday, July 6, 2012 12:59 AM
  • but one of the things is, i dont know any code, so therefore, i cant start it.

If you don't know any code then you might be tackling a project that is beyond your current capabilities.   But the first step I suggested - creating the images for the clock frame and the digits - does not require code.

If you know some code then you are able to create a form.  This example shows how to display an image on that form:
    http://vbdotnetblog.wordpress.com/graphics/graphics-methodology/

The process you will choose is "paint the image onto the object" (page 2 of that discussion) where the object is, of course, your form.

Based on the size of your clock frame image you should be able to adapt that code to get it displayed how you want.  Then you can further adapt it to also display the digit images in their correct place by defining the locating rectange for each digit.  You may need to consult the documentation for rectangles because it is important for a number of drawing procedures:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.drawing.rectangle.aspx

Note that you need to draw the digits after you draw the frame, so they are drawn over the top of the frame. Start by drawing any digit - you can worry about which digit to draw after you get the drawing correct.

Friday, July 6, 2012 1:23 AM
  • none really, i know how to make a hello world message, but thats all, and i dont know what any errors mean

Friday, July 6, 2012 1:44 AM
  • I'd say start with a simpler task. Too much to explain right now.

For this one, start with adding Timer, starting a Stopwatch and calculating the remaing time.

Timer: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.timer.aspx

Stopwatch: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.stopwatch.aspx

Armin

Friday, July 6, 2012 1:48 AM
  • Hi Tyler Tomko,

PASTE all of this code to your Form1 code window.

Just RUN this code.  :)

Set the hours, minutes and seconds using the NumericUpDown controls. Click on the Start button.

'

Option Strict On
    Option Explicit On
    Option Infer Off

Public Class Form1

Friend WithEvents myTimer As New Timer
        Friend WithEvents hoursUpDown As New NumericUpDown
        Friend WithEvents minutesUpDown As New NumericUpDown
        Friend WithEvents secsUpDown As New NumericUpDown
        Friend WithEvents btnStart As New Button
        Friend WithEvents btnStop As New Button
        Friend WithEvents btnResetALL As New Button
        Private startDateTime As Date
        Private currentTime As Date
        Private endTime As Date

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

Me.Size = New Size(360, 200)
            myTimer.Interval = 500

btnStart.Text = "Start"
            btnStop.Text = "Stop"
            btnResetALL.Text = "Reset ALL"

btnStart.Size = New Size(100, 20)
            btnStop.Size = New Size(100, 20)
            btnResetALL.Size = New Size(100, 20)

btnStart.Location = New Point(20, 20)
            btnStop.Location = New Point(20, 50)
            btnResetALL.Location = New Point(20, 80)

Me.Controls.Add(btnStart)
            Me.Controls.Add(btnStop)
            Me.Controls.Add(btnResetALL)

'---------------------------

hoursUpDown.Minimum = 0
            minutesUpDown.Minimum = 0
            secsUpDown.Minimum = 0

hoursUpDown.Maximum = 23
            minutesUpDown.Maximum = 59
            secsUpDown.Maximum = 59

hoursUpDown.Size = New Size(50, 20)
            minutesUpDown.Size = New Size(50, 20)
            secsUpDown.Size = New Size(50, 20)

hoursUpDown.Location = New Point(140, 50)
            minutesUpDown.Location = New Point(200, 50)
            secsUpDown.Location = New Point(260, 50)

Me.Controls.Add(hoursUpDown)
            Me.Controls.Add(minutesUpDown)
            Me.Controls.Add(secsUpDown)

End Sub

Private Sub btnStart_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnStart.Click
            startDateTime = Now
            endTime = startDateTime.Add(New TimeSpan(CInt(hoursUpDown.Value), CInt(minutesUpDown.Value), CInt(secsUpDown.Value)))
            myTimer.Start()
        End Sub

Private Sub btnStop_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnStop.Click
            myTimer.Stop()
        End Sub

Private Sub btnResetALL_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnResetALL.Click
            myTimer.Stop()
            hoursUpDown.Value = 0
            minutesUpDown.Value = 0
            secsUpDown.Value = 0
            myTimer.Interval = 500
        End Sub

Private Sub myTimer_Tick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles myTimer.Tick

currentTime = Now
            Console.Beep(1000, 25)

Dim ts As New TimeSpan
            ts = endTime.Subtract(currentTime)

If ts.Hours = 0 And ts.Minutes = 4 And ts.Seconds = 0 Then Console.Beep(500, 100)
            If ts.Hours = 0 And ts.Minutes = 1 And ts.Seconds = 0 Then Console.Beep(800, 100)
            If ts.Hours = 0 And ts.Minutes = 0 And ts.Seconds <= 10 Then myTimer.Interval = 250

Me.Text = ts.Hours.ToString & " : " & ts.Minutes.ToString & " : " & ts.Seconds.ToString
            If Now >= endTime Then myTimer.Stop()

End Sub
    End Class

Regards,

profile for John Anthony Oliver at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Click this link to see the NEW way of how to insert a picture into a forum post.

Installing VB6 on Windows 7

App Hub for Windows Phone & XBOX 360 developers.

Friday, July 6, 2012 1:44 PM
  • merging with original post

Friday, July 6, 2012 3:59 PM
  • i get like 57 errors! what am i supposed to do!!! im a script kiddie and know nothing at all wat-so-ever!!! a lot of things sayys its not even declared!

Friday, July 6, 2012 8:56 PM
  • Which code are you trying? The one from JAO is compilable.

Armin

Friday, July 6, 2012 9:10 PM
  • yea that long one but, listen sir,im sorry for causing so much pain and misery for u, but im an absolute beginner and only know how to make a hello world message, u know, a messagebox.show("hello world") thing, how do i compile if there are so manyy errors????

Friday, July 6, 2012 9:14 PM
  • its all very confuzing.!

Friday, July 6, 2012 9:32 PM
  • What is one of the errors? (exact error message)

Don't call me Sir, just Armin. :)

Armin

Friday, July 6, 2012 9:45 PM
  • i get like 57 errors! what am i supposed to do!!! im a script kiddie and know nothing at all wat-so-ever!!! a lot of things sayys its not even declared!

Hi again,

Which version of Visual Basic are you using?

Regards,

profile for John Anthony Oliver at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Click this link to see the NEW way of how to insert a picture into a forum post.

Installing VB6 on Windows 7

App Hub for Windows Phone & XBOX 360 developers.

Saturday, July 7, 2012 1:05 AM
  • hre is all errors: Error 1 'Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs)' has multiple definitions with identical signatures. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 3 17 WindowsApplication1
    Error 2 Statement cannot appear within a method body. End of method assumed. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 21 5 WindowsApplication1
    Error 3 'myTimer' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 24 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 4 'btnStart' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 26 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 5 'btnStop' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 27 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 6 'btnResetALL' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 28 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 7 'btnStart' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 30 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 8 'btnStop' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 31 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 9 'btnResetALL' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 32 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 10 'btnStart' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 34 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 11 'btnStop' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 35 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 12 'btnResetALL' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 36 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 13 'btnStart' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 38 25 WindowsApplication1
    Error 14 'btnStop' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 39 25 WindowsApplication1
    Error 15 'btnResetALL' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 40 25 WindowsApplication1
    Error 16 'hoursUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 44 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 17 'minutesUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 45 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 18 'secsUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 46 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 19 'hoursUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 48 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 20 'minutesUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 49 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 21 'secsUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 50 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 22 'hoursUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 52 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 23 'minutesUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 53 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 24 'secsUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 54 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 25 'hoursUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 56 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 26 'minutesUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 57 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 27 'secsUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 58 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 28 'hoursUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 60 25 WindowsApplication1
    Error 29 'minutesUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 61 25 WindowsApplication1
    Error 30 'secsUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 62 25 WindowsApplication1
    Error 31 Handles clause requires a WithEvents variable defined in the containing type or one of its base types. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 66 93 WindowsApplication1
    Error 32 'startDateTime' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 67 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 33 'endTime' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 68 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 34 'startDateTime' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 68 19 WindowsApplication1
    Error 35 'hoursUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 68 55 WindowsApplication1
    Error 36 'minutesUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 68 80 WindowsApplication1
    Error 37 'secsUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 68 107 WindowsApplication1
    Error 38 'myTimer' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 69 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 39 Handles clause requires a WithEvents variable defined in the containing type or one of its base types. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 72 92 WindowsApplication1
    Error 40 'myTimer' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 73 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 41 Handles clause requires a WithEvents variable defined in the containing type or one of its base types. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 76 96 WindowsApplication1
    Error 42 'myTimer' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 77 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 43 'hoursUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 78 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 44 'minutesUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 79 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 45 'secsUpDown' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 80 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 46 'myTimer' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 81 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 47 Handles clause requires a WithEvents variable defined in the containing type or one of its base types. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 84 91 WindowsApplication1
    Error 48 'currentTime' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 86 9 WindowsApplication1
    Error 49 'endTime' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 90 14 WindowsApplication1
    Error 50 'currentTime' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 90 31 WindowsApplication1
    Error 51 'myTimer' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 94 70 WindowsApplication1
    Error 52 'endTime' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 97 19 WindowsApplication1
    Error 53 'myTimer' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 97 32 WindowsApplication1
    Error 54 'End Sub' must be preceded by a matching 'Sub'. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 101 5 WindowsApplication1
    Error 55 'End Class' must be preceded by a matching 'Class'. C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb 102 1 WindowsApplication1

Saturday, July 7, 2012 3:02 AM
  • You haven't indicated what version of VS you are using.

It looks like you pasted that code in the wrong place.

Start a new Windows Forms project. Accept the default filename and location.  Doubleclick Form1.vb in the Solution Explorer.  The designer will open with a blank form.  Doubleclick anywhere inthe form .  The code editor will open.  Paste the above code over the top of any existing code that is in that window.

Saturday, July 7, 2012 5:55 AM
  • You need to delete the code generated by the compiler before you paste john's code
    Saturday, July 7, 2012 10:20 AM
  • What is so hard to understand in "one of the errors"?

John's code was meant to be the only one in the file, i.e. it was to replace what was already there.

Armin

Saturday, July 7, 2012 11:49 AM
  • i have microsoft visual basic 2010 express

Saturday, July 7, 2012 4:46 PM

I'm sorry if this seems rude, but I believe this post is the answer in and of itself.

Before you start on a full project that contains a number of requirements which you don't understand, you should begin with a number of simple projects and work your way up to the one you actually want to build.

Saturday, July 7, 2012 5:02 PM
  • lets see, one of the errors was myTimer is not declared, it may be unavailable due to its protection level.

Saturday, July 7, 2012 5:36 PM
  • What is your goal here?

If it is to learn to progam VB, you are starting with something REALY to hard to do for a beginer.

If it is to get a program of the clock with the right look .. 108 minute countdown .. hieroglyphs ... and sound, without having to actualy program it yourself, then you can download it here

http://jimbobslimbob.com/files/setupswanstationtimer.zip

• Edited by Crazypennie Saturday, July 7, 2012 6:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Tyler Tomko Sunday, July 8, 2012 6:05 PM
    Saturday, July 7, 2012 6:42 PM
  • thanks sir, i will try it out!

Sunday, July 8, 2012 3:49 PM
  • alright, i give up on this, please, sir(s) close diz here thread. i got an idea for another program!

Sunday, July 8, 2012 6:04 PM