How to edit/change data entered through an infopath form using the "edit" tool. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

Im learning how to use infopath 2007 with sharepoint 2007 and wanted to know how to edit fields entered in infothpath using the "edit" tool/column used to edit items you added to the list without infopath.    So there are two ways to add data to the list.  You can add them through the infopath form which users will fill out and then you can add new columns which are like new entries for the row of data that you can edit using the "edit"icon/tool.  If you want to edit the data entered using infopath you  cannot edited these items unless you actually pull up the form itself by clicking on the form name.  I would like to use the "edit" column/tool to edit both.  Is there such a way to combine them?  Instead of jumping to the form to edit items entered in infopath and then edit the columns/items I entered using the advance settings tools to add new columns to the list.

Monday, April 1, 2013 5:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If i understand correctly you want to edit the column value from infopath form. If so then you can use promotion feature of infopath form, where you can add/edit the infopath form field value in sharepoint forum library column (where you have published your infopath form).

Now if you want to edit item in other list then you will have to use object model code in your form to add/update item in list column.

See this MSDN article for you ref:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/cc162745%28v=office.12%29.aspx

Please correct me if i am wrong

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Please feel free to unmark answer if does not resolves your problem.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:43 AM