Will IE10 be able to install on Windows 7?

Answers

All replies

• In this IE-blog post from Nov. 2011 it says IE10 will be compatible with Windows 7:

"Of course, spellchecking will also be available as an IE10 browser feature on all supported versions of Windows (including Windows 7)."

According to the IE-Blog they will have IE10 Beta/RC for Windows 7. It does't mention the final version of IE10.

"We will release an IE10 Beta and Release Candidate on Windows 7 prior to IE10’s general availability."

From the comments section: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2011/11/29/html5-for-applications-the-fourth-ie10-platform-preview.aspx

• Proposed as answer by Andre.Ziegler Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jetta48 Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:50 PM
    Friday, February 17, 2012 8:28 PM
  • Hi TrekDozer

Thanks for that - your links add weight to what I already suspected. However, its still a bit implied rather than a definitive statement that IE10 RTW will work on Windows 7.

I'll wait a few days and see if anyone else has anything official/conclusive to offer before marking this thread as answered.

Thanks.

Jetta48

You use my posts entirely at your own risk. I neither work for nor represent Microsoft.

Saturday, February 18, 2012 9:53 AM
  • On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 09:53:37 +0000, Jetta48 wrote:

Thanks for that - your links add weight to what I already suspected. However, its still a bit implied rather than a definitive statement that IE10 RTW will work on Windows 7.

This comment:

"We will release an IE10 Beta and Release Candidate on Windows 7 prior to
    IE10?s general availability"

from the blog is a definitive statement. There is no way that Microsoft
    would expend the development effort to produce a beta and a release
    candidate for Windows 7 if they weren't going to ultimately release a
    version of IE10 for Windows 7. What would possibly be the point of that?

Paul Adare
    MVP - Forefront Identity Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    Manual Writer's Creed:  Garbage in, gospel out.

Saturday, February 18, 2012 10:11 AM