none
How to set the Load Behaviour of com add-in during design time RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a com add-in for Word 2010 and I have created a setup for com add-in.When i install it, its load behaviour is set to 3 as default. But i would need to change the default load behaviour of the com add-in as 2. Is there any settings available in VS2008 to set the load behaviour before creating the setup?

Any help would help me.

Thanks,

Krishna.

Krishna Prakash

Friday, June 29, 2012 8:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I have created a com add-in for Word 2010 and I have created a setup for com add-in.When i install it, its load behaviour is set to 3 as default. But i would need to change the default load behaviour of the com add-in as 2. Is there any settings available in VS2008 to set the load behaviour before creating the setup?

Any help would help me.

Thanks,

Krishna.

Krishna Prakash

• Moved by Mike Feng Saturday, June 30, 2012 9:23 AM Word (From:.NET Base Class Library)
    • Merged by Jie BaoModerator Monday, July 2, 2012 2:15 AM duplicate
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:44 AM
  • hey Krishna,

I think you can get better answers here

Mark Answered, if it solves your question and Vote if you found it helpful.
    Rohit Arora

Friday, June 29, 2012 5:16 AM
  • Wednesday, July 4, 2012 9:02 AM
  • Hi Cindy,

Thanks for the link you have provided. It was much helpful to see change the load behaviour of add-in. I have another question. Currently the add-in sits in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER". Is there any possibility to change the add-in to sit on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE".

Thanks,

Krishna.

Krishna Prakash

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 1:14 PM
  • Hi Krishna

I recommend you post the new question in a new message thread. That way, more people will see it :-)

FWIW, I'm pretty sure this should be possible, but it's not something I've ever done, so I don't have the information at my finger tips.

When you post the new question, be sure to specify the version of Word/Office involved and, whether this is a COM add-in and NOT a VSTO Add-in (that appears to be the case, but for this question it's very important that the distinction is clear).

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 3:25 PM