none
WMI Class suport for RAID arrays RRS feed

• Question

• I have a need to get the total RAID capacity but I can not find any of the WMI classes are retrieving the RAID capacity, please let me know which WMI classes will given me this information.

Thank you in advance.

Friday, November 1, 2013 2:55 AM

Answers

• Hi Moises,

Did you know that your computer is using what particular RAID controller? Hardware-based RAID or software RAID?

In general, if it is hardware RAID then you need some add-on software to help you do the query. That is because the job of the RAID controller is to present a single logical disk drive to the OS (and BIOS) rather than individual disk drives.

If it is software RAID then there are some WMI calls you can do to query NTFS volumes.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 4, 2013 2:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Moises,

Did you know that your computer is using what particular RAID controller? Hardware-based RAID or software RAID?

In general, if it is hardware RAID then you need some add-on software to help you do the query. That is because the job of the RAID controller is to present a single logical disk drive to the OS (and BIOS) rather than individual disk drives.

If it is software RAID then there are some WMI calls you can do to query NTFS volumes.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 4, 2013 2:30 AM
  • Can you clarify, are there WMI calls that tell the status and configuration of software RAID or are you only referring to WMI calls to query the size of NTFS volumes irrespective of software RAID status?  If it is the former, will you tell me what they are?  Thanks.
    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 8:54 PM