itemDetailPage RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've been slowly going through the premade project "Grid Application" and so far I can understand how everything is build except where the itemdetailpage get's it's content from. I tried comparing it to the tutorial but I can't see the connection. Could anyone help me understand how I place my own text content on the itemdetailpage after I go from the Grid to the GroupTile and eventually to the Detail page of that tile?

Thank you very much

Gianfranco

Saturday, March 10, 2012 5:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The data is from the data.js. In the bottom of the data.js you can see how the data object is defined. Then in itemDetailPage.js it uses the data object. If you want to replace the default data with your own one you need to change the sampleItems object in data.js.

Allen Chen [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, March 12, 2012 8:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The data is from the data.js. In the bottom of the data.js you can see how the data object is defined. Then in itemDetailPage.js it uses the data object. If you want to replace the default data with your own one you need to change the sampleItems object in data.js.

Allen Chen [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, March 12, 2012 8:33 AM
  • But how, for each item have a different HTML page!?

I'm also in this issue ...
    Saturday, October 19, 2013 11:42 AM