All icons on Start Menu are Adobe after installing Adobe Acrobat 10.0

Question

• I am sorry because of my not so good English. My name is Cung, I'm VietNamese.

I have problem with the Win8 on my computer and I think I can get help from the forum. The problem is: after I install Adobe acrobat 10.0 or 9.0 on the Win8 OS, all the icon in "Start Menu" and the icon on "desktop" change into "adobe  icon" and I can not open any programe. But it was resolved if I removed the "adobe acrobat".

Please show me the way to solve the problem. Thank you.

My ID is: 00127-82010-029556-AA304

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 1:52 AM

Answers

• hi there,

no problem, your English is perfect! (i'm french myself)

strange...i installed Adobe Acrobat Reader and did not run into those problems on either 3 PCs running Win8.

Maybe you should re-download or verify your sources for Acrobat, because it's likely comming from it or maybe a localization problem (i'm running it in english, but with french keyboard...) I installed French Adobe sources and it did not mess up my system. Try maybe an English version to see if the localization is the cause, and keep us posted.

best regards,

Pierre.

Http://www.redkaffe.com - Consultant/Formateur en region PACA
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:26 AM
  • Make sure you download Adobe Acrobat from Adobe website and download version for Windows 7 , after install Adobe restart your PC and also make sure update Windows too, after restart this problem might resolve.

Also did you install any other programs along with Adobe?

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:02 AM

All replies

• hi there,

no problem, your English is perfect! (i'm french myself)

strange...i installed Adobe Acrobat Reader and did not run into those problems on either 3 PCs running Win8.

Maybe you should re-download or verify your sources for Acrobat, because it's likely comming from it or maybe a localization problem (i'm running it in english, but with french keyboard...) I installed French Adobe sources and it did not mess up my system. Try maybe an English version to see if the localization is the cause, and keep us posted.

best regards,

Pierre.

Http://www.redkaffe.com - Consultant/Formateur en region PACA
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:26 AM
  • Make sure you download Adobe Acrobat from Adobe website and download version for Windows 7 , after install Adobe restart your PC and also make sure update Windows too, after restart this problem might resolve.

Also did you install any other programs along with Adobe?

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:02 AM