The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\WindowsXaml\v14.0\8.2\Microsoft.Windows.UI.Xaml.CSharp.targets" was not found. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on Windows 10  & vs_community,Trying to create new universal app..

while creating project  i received one error 

error  : The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\WindowsXaml\v14.0\8.2\Microsoft.Windows.UI.Xaml.CSharp.targets" was not found.
    Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.  
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\WindowsXaml\v14.0\Microsoft.Windows.UI.Xaml.CSharp.targets

what is the problem..i am not able to create new project.

Monday, August 17, 2015 6:41 AM

Answers

• James, I had the same issue as you did but with Visual Studio 2015 professional. The solution was to navigate to Control Panel | Uninstall a program and to select Visual Studio 2015. This allows you modify you existing Visual Studio 2015 installation.

When I installed, I had selected the "default install." When modifying I selected to install all features which added the template for Share Projects. You could get more precise and add features (likely Windows 81. related features) until you can create Shared Projects. It was just faster to add all features to the installed version of Visual Studio 2015.

• Edited by Jan Narkiewicz Saturday, August 22, 2015 5:07 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Jan Narkiewicz Saturday, August 22, 2015 5:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jamles Hez Tuesday, September 8, 2015 1:40 AM
    Friday, August 21, 2015 6:06 PM

All replies

• Hi KittuT,

That was a strange problem, basically Import use the system variables, could you check into your Advanced System Settings to see if you have the correct setting for MSBuildExtensionsPath also VisualStudioVersions.

<Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Microsoft\WindowsXaml\v$(VisualStudioVersion)\Microsoft.Windows.UI.Xaml.CSharp.targets" />

I would also want to know if you have other version of Visual Studio installed on your current system?

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:05 AM
  • Hi James.

Thanks for reply..I am working on Windows 10Pro..which is upgraded from Windows 7..

Other than Visual studio 2015 Community no other version of VS is installed on this machine..still i am not able to create new universal application..

is any SDK support is required for this??

Thursday, August 20, 2015 5:44 AM
  • James, I had the same issue as you did but with Visual Studio 2015 professional. The solution was to navigate to Control Panel | Uninstall a program and to select Visual Studio 2015. This allows you modify you existing Visual Studio 2015 installation.

When I installed, I had selected the "default install." When modifying I selected to install all features which added the template for Share Projects. You could get more precise and add features (likely Windows 81. related features) until you can create Shared Projects. It was just faster to add all features to the installed version of Visual Studio 2015.

• Edited by Jan Narkiewicz Saturday, August 22, 2015 5:07 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Jan Narkiewicz Saturday, August 22, 2015 5:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jamles Hez Tuesday, September 8, 2015 1:40 AM
    Friday, August 21, 2015 6:06 PM
  • Hi guys.  I just upgraded from VS 2013 Community to 2015 (new install) on a Win10 upgrade.

Tried starting a new universal app and got the same c# targets issue.  I'm about to try those solutions and will feedback to here on the issue. 

I just went one further and loaded the VS 2013 version of my tryout (I started to put together a little universal app to try out universal apps on vs2015 before the rtm vs2015) and it requested install of phone tools so I'm hoping that does the trick (assuming 8.1 is for VS2013 and 8.2 is for VS2015...)

No such luck...  I'll try the above tips now :(

• Edited by antointhe Tuesday, October 20, 2015 12:39 PM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 11:36 AM
  • I'm having the same problem, except that it builds fine on my machine, but not on Azure.

(I don't even want it to build on Azure, since that's a web deployment, but disabling it in the build configuration seems to have no effect)

Saturday, November 26, 2016 1:48 AM