How can I install a new plug-in to Team Web Access in TFS 2012?

Question

• Hi, I want to add a new plugin to Team Web Access iwith using Extensions tab in TFS2012,  but I didnt find any information about this topic.

(Control Panel | Web Access | Extensions)

Anyone know how can I do?

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 11:45 AM

Answers

• There are no docs for this as of yet. This is a beta/unsupported feature that will be supported in the future.  In the meanwhile, feel free to direct your questions to tswa AT Microsoft DOT com. They usually handle customer inquiries on an individual basis to help.

Trevor Hancock (Microsoft)
    Please remember to "Mark As Answer" the replies that help.

Monday, June 25, 2012 10:04 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi egr14,

Thanks for your post!

If you want to perform this action, you need have Edit instanc-level information permission to set allow.

When you add the new plugin, have you seen any error information?

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, June 14, 2012 8:20 AM
  • Hi egr14,

How about the issue, is it solved?

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong [MSFT]

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 2:33 AM
  • Sorry, I didn't respond for a long time. Thanks for your answer Cathy Kong, but it isn't solved. Actually I asked how I can add new plugin? I mean, after I have Edit instanc-level information permission, what should I do? I could not find any documentation about plugins. What is the plugin extension for example? Is there any example plugin code available?

Thanks a lot,

• Edited by egr14 Wednesday, June 20, 2012 8:45 AM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:51 AM
  • Hi egr14,

Thanks for your feedback!

I am moving this thread from "Team Foundation Server - Team System Web Access" forum to "Visual Studio Developer Center > Visual Studio vNext Forums " forum, since the issue is more related to Visual Studio vNext. There are more VS vNext experts in that forum and the issue will get a better response.

In addition, I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Cathy Kong [MSFT]

Friday, June 22, 2012 3:24 AM
  • There are no docs for this as of yet. This is a beta/unsupported feature that will be supported in the future.  In the meanwhile, feel free to direct your questions to tswa AT Microsoft DOT com. They usually handle customer inquiries on an individual basis to help.

Trevor Hancock (Microsoft)
    Please remember to "Mark As Answer" the replies that help.

Monday, June 25, 2012 10:04 PM
    Owner
  • I have posted this idea on visulastudio.uservoice

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:02 PM