Permission Management on Views (List & Library Views). RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have noticed that even in SP2010, SP Team hasn’t introduced the permission management on Views. I am bit surprised I suppose it is a very common requirement. For view permission management we have purchased third party too?

What might be the reason behind the design decision for not to give permission management feature on Views?

Regards Amit

Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:59 AM

Answers

• Hi

beacause...

What if in a blog site, when an anonymous comments a post he need for ex to provide mail box!

But what if you don;t like that this info will be public?

SO the easiest way is to block acces to Allitems.aspx files ( how to, check this doc, wich is Ok also for SHP2010

http://techyfreak.blogspot.com/2010/03/restricting-access-to-pages-such-as.html )

, and insert the views in aspx files, which can be configured with users rights

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCTS, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:21 AM

All replies

• Views are different groupings and presentation to data. If a person have access to a certain set of data - why limit different views?

ceren

Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:01 AM
  • Oh….. I didn’t think about it :-)

Still, if one view is for HR, it shouldn’t be visible to Employee. Though I do agree that data will not be visible however still, option should not be visible as well.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:16 AM
  • Hi

beacause...

What if in a blog site, when an anonymous comments a post he need for ex to provide mail box!

But what if you don;t like that this info will be public?

SO the easiest way is to block acces to Allitems.aspx files ( how to, check this doc, wich is Ok also for SHP2010

http://techyfreak.blogspot.com/2010/03/restricting-access-to-pages-such-as.html )

, and insert the views in aspx files, which can be configured with users rights

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCTS, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:21 AM