SettingsFlyout and InputPane, flyout closing unexpectedly RRS feed

• Question

• So another one with my favourite InputPane/soft keyboard. I used an existing example to implement a SettingsFlyout with my app's settings. Worked great, but I needed a few textboxes there and thus a proper soft keyboard handling. Easy, I thought. I added a scrollviewer with IsTabStop = true as a child of a popup and added my UserControl as a content of a scrollviewer. I added the popup in run time to a visual tree of the page (as a child of a top level grid). All works fine, but about ~50% of time when the flyout is opened and I tap in it, does not matter if in a textbox, background or another control, popup closes. The next time it's okay. But then I change only the content of the scrollview to corresponding usercontrol. I set breakpoints at all places where I set IsOpen to false and also in my Closed event handler. It's not from me, in event handler I only see a transition from native code, not very helpful either. What do I have to do to make it work properly the first time? Any ideas? Thanks.
    • Edited by IvanIL Wednesday, September 18, 2013 11:28 AM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 11:27 AM

Answers

• So I moved the popup/scrollview creation in the constructor of the page after InitializeComponent and it looks like it helped, fingers crossed. But still, what do I have to do if I want to do this at the last moment possible. UpdateLayout did not help.
    • Marked as answer by IvanIL Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:15 AM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 11:38 AM