none
Removing a single message from Queue RRS feed

• Question

• Recently we have an incident in our emergency department. Our emergency department has an interface for ADTS with a Vendor. One message was a corrupt message and vendor was not ready to send an ACK and we started getting transmission errors and the queue got hung up with messages. Vendor had to do some magic to accept the erroneous message and sent us ACK and everything started flowing. In such a situation is there any way I could have removed this erroneous message from BizTalk. I am new user (just 4 months in BizTalk) to BizTalk. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Friday, July 22, 2011 9:45 PM

Answers

• When the instance is suspended right-click and select "find failed message" in the next screen you can select the message and delete it. Never select delete instance because this wil delete all the messages in the queue.

Monday, July 25, 2011 11:32 AM

All replies

• What kind of queue are you talking about? Is this MSMQ or maybe MQSeries?

I know with MSMQ you could build a .NET method to peek through the messages and selectively receive / process one. There might be a similar way to do this with MQSeries but I am not sure if this is correct.

You could also code this with BizTalk but most of the functionality does not allow you to peek messages - it usually only receives them.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Friday, July 22, 2011 10:20 PM
  • Actally these are Hl7 messagse sent out using HL7 accelarator
    Friday, July 22, 2011 10:36 PM
  • When the instance is suspended right-click and select "find failed message" in the next screen you can select the message and delete it. Never select delete instance because this wil delete all the messages in the queue.

Monday, July 25, 2011 11:32 AM