My News App doesn't work

Question

• My News app doesn't work, it keeps saying loading and never stops loading. Please help
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:15 PM

Answers

• Try to "Refresh your PC without affecting your files" and see if it helps out. You can find that option under Control Panel > General.

When you do a refresh:

· Your files and personalization settings will not be changed

· Your PC settings will be restored back to their default settings

· Apps from the Windows Store will be kept, but any other app will be removed & require reinstallation

rafael

Microsoft Consumer Software & Services Support (CS3)
    Friday, September 30, 2011 12:05 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Similar topic here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/1686ba39-a2c5-460e-aed7-f77c51f53659

The problem is using Live ID to login and sync. Switch back to a local account, and the news app would start working

Sunday, September 18, 2011 11:55 PM
  • I use a local account and experience the same problem.
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 11:38 AM
  • Try to "Refresh your PC without affecting your files" and see if it helps out. You can find that option under Control Panel > General.

When you do a refresh:

· Your files and personalization settings will not be changed

· Your PC settings will be restored back to their default settings

· Apps from the Windows Store will be kept, but any other app will be removed & require reinstallation

rafael

Microsoft Consumer Software & Services Support (CS3)
    Friday, September 30, 2011 12:05 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi EduardoMLD,

When I installed The Developer Preview the first time I had several issues. So, I decided to run the Refresh Your PC and it fixed my problems. It now runs very smoothly. I like it!!!

Friday, September 30, 2011 12:27 AM