none
No data in list and but in excel there is data RRS feed

• Question

• I see in the list no data but when export to excel it is showing the data,
    and i tested adding the item in the list, when i exported to excel it is showing the data. 
    what could be the reason 

Thursday, April 11, 2019 5:50 AM

Answers

• Hi SravanC,

In this situation. I would suggest you delete the broken view and create new view to replace them.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by SravanC Saturday, April 13, 2019 5:58 AM
    Friday, April 12, 2019 10:07 AM

All replies

• Modify the default view or view which you are using and check is there any filter applies, if yes then remove the filter and check.

Cheers,

Kuldeep Verma

Please remember to click Mark As Answer,if my post solves your problem or in case if it useful then Vote As Helpful

Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:17 AM
  • Hi Verma,

Thanks for the response.

I created test view . in this test view data is showing.

but for the existing view(all items) I do not see any filter applied to it.

I came to know form user that this issue came after user started editing the list in the SP designer. 

Thursday, April 11, 2019 7:00 AM
  • Hi Verma,

Did you get a chance to look in to above  thread

and how do we get the list data if it is deleted from the SharePoint designer? 

I see  recyle bin in share point site but i did not find in both stages recycle bins 

• Edited by SravanC Friday, April 12, 2019 5:29 AM
    Friday, April 12, 2019 5:13 AM
  • Hi SravanC,

Do you mean that you can see all items in the list when creating a test view? But you cannot see any items in the existing views(all items)?

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, April 12, 2019 8:58 AM
  • Hi Michael, 

Yes. 

And in existing view some how got distorted due to user have done some editing in the designer. 

Friday, April 12, 2019 9:01 AM
  • Hi SravanC,

In this situation. I would suggest you delete the broken view and create new view to replace them.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

• Marked as answer by SravanC Saturday, April 13, 2019 5:58 AM
    Friday, April 12, 2019 10:07 AM