Updating 2 .asp pages within the same record RRS feed

• Question

• User-1211567575 posted

I'm not sure if I  joined the correct forum for this question but here goes: (If not, can you steer me to the appropriate forum?)

I have a legacy website built with Frontpage 2000, where I use an Access 2000, for which Frontpage's "wizard" has created many classic .asp pages to update that existing  32-bit Access 2000 database . I will be replacing that Frontage-built, hosted site with a VS/asp.net-built website, but am just learning and testing on it, and still need to solve an issue within the existing .asp pages of the FP website.
    Issue:
    I have created a very large query that is getting too big (too many fields to update within one page-starting to go over 255 fields)
    To accommodate more fields, I will have to break up this query into 2-3 separate queries (I was hoping to be able to update and display over 350-400 fields from the one query on a single .asp page, but I think I would have to jump to MySQL express to accomplish that).
    If I use 3-4 separate .asp pages (each page updating a different query for the same record) I only know how to have each page opened separately with the typical form at the top and enter the code for a specific field contained in the form itself.

Is there a way that I can have the submission of the first form update the fields and automatically open the next form for the same record (instead of having to keep entering the code at the top for each form within the chain of .asp update pages?
    I will need to learn this in asp.net, but I need to develop a few more pages in my existing FP web first.

Thanks,

Ron

Sunday, January 28, 2018 12:27 AM

Answers

• User-460007017 posted

Hi gcqji,

Maybe you could consult the development issue in asp.net forum where have more people familiar with vbscript and classic asp.

https://forums.asp.net/

Best Regards,

Yuk Ding

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 30, 2018 8:49 AM