Rights and permission in domain controller RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I’m beginner of windows networking. Please excuse me if I posted in wrong place. I have a question.  We are using windows 2003 server. We have 4 servers and 50 client systems, and its OS are using Windows ME/XP/Vista all can be supportable domain accessible.

4 servers for

1.       Developing Server

2.       Accounts Server

3.       Public Server

4.       Operation Server

These all servers are Domain controller. Under the Developing, Accounts and Public Server connected with each 10 client system and operation server connected with 20 client system. Every client computer has sharing folder. My question is if under a developing domain then I shouldn’t allow to access other domain client system sharing folder even those computer should not be visual. For example public server domain for our customer under this domain its connected 10 system for our customer. They can access these systems, but from the public domain client system they are accessing Developing domain client system and its sharing folder.  (my developing domain -> client system name dev004 so they are access like \\dev004 and its shared folder ) which we don’t want. I tried a lot. How should I protect my systems? Sharing folder should be accessible only the that domain peoples (even I tried to give sharing permission only the domain controller user).  Please help to protect each domain from other domain. Thanks in advance.

Mastan

Thursday, January 3, 2008 2:39 PM