MetroUI Internet Explorer Does Not Start After Being Killed From Task Manager

Question

• Hello,

This is for the nth time my MetroUI-IE hung up. I ended its task with the task manager. Now that I try to start it from the Start menu and nothing happens. The standard Windows Forms' IE starts normally. How do start the MetroUI IE?

Thank you.

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...
    Monday, October 17, 2011 1:05 PM

Answers

• Thanks, Gary. In fact, following a URL from another application fixed the defect. I just clicked a link in a messenger app I was given by a friend of mine, and it made the IE start. It kind of kicked off the IE. I submitted the crash.

• Marked as answer by Exotic Hadron Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:18 AM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Are all of the other Metro-style applications starting ok?  If so, I suggest you try a System Restore to bring your installation back to a previously known good state.  If that doens't help, then I suggest you perform a Refresh PC operation, you won't lose any data by doing a Refresh PC, but you will have to reinstall any applications that you have installed.

To do a System Restore

Control Panel >> More Settings >> Recovery >> Advanced Tools >> Open System Restore.  Click Next and choose a previous restore point, click Next, then Finish.

To do a Refresh PC

Control Panel >> General.  Click Get Started under Refresh PC and follow the prompts.

Regards,

Gary
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:28 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks, Gary. In fact, following a URL from another application fixed the defect. I just clicked a link in a messenger app I was given by a friend of mine, and it made the IE start. It kind of kicked off the IE. I submitted the crash.

• Marked as answer by Exotic Hadron Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:18 AM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:18 AM