none
Workflow creating task for user in Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to create a task in outlook for a specific user via workflow? My Boss want to have every user informed via mail that there is a new element in a list (that works fine) and one User should have a task (even better a complete to do list) in his outlook task tab.
    Monday, December 29, 2014 1:13 AM

Answers

• Hi Elite,

Based on your description, my understanding is that you want to create the tasks for users in Outlook with workflow.

I recommend to use workflow to create tasks in a task list in SharePoint and then sync the task list with outlook by clicking the button Connect to Outlook in the ribbon of the task list.

After that, the tasks created in the task list will be automatically synced to Outlook.

Please refer to the link below for detailed steps:

http://netizenapps.com/blog/?p=6

Best regards.

Thanks

Victoria Xia
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 9:25 AM
  • there is sync to outlook button in list ribbon so you can create workflow on task list and then sync it with outlokk using ribbon button
    Wednesday, December 31, 2014 10:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Elite,

Based on your description, my understanding is that you want to create the tasks for users in Outlook with workflow.

I recommend to use workflow to create tasks in a task list in SharePoint and then sync the task list with outlook by clicking the button Connect to Outlook in the ribbon of the task list.

After that, the tasks created in the task list will be automatically synced to Outlook.

Please refer to the link below for detailed steps:

http://netizenapps.com/blog/?p=6

Best regards.

Thanks

Victoria Xia
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 9:25 AM
  • there is sync to outlook button in list ribbon so you can create workflow on task list and then sync it with outlokk using ribbon button
    Wednesday, December 31, 2014 10:17 AM