none
Screen resolution independently on physical monitor capacities RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello guys,

I am searching possible way to set screen resolution which does not supported by physical monitor. Yes, this idea looks stupid, so I will explain why we need this.

We have custom remote desktop solution. We are using this solution only in our internal network. Everything works ok, instead of problems with screen resolution of remote PC. The problem is next: there is no way to set screen resolution, which doesn't supported by physical device on remote system. For example: local screen resolution is 1920*1080, but on remote system (to which client will land) max screen resolution is 1024*768. In such situation there is no way to change screen resolution of remote system to 1920*1080.

I understand, that I will not found solution how to do it by using standard way. That is why I need your suggestion.

RDP can do it, but RDP it is part of Windows.

I have couple of possible ways how to resolve my problem:

1. write virtual monitor driver. So, server part will configure virtual monitor capacities when user lands to the system. Of course primary monitor should be turned off in this case.

2. Maybe some RDP modules can be used for creating virtual terminal session with custom screen resolution?

Maybe you have some ideas or comments? There are no remote desktop solutions which can do this feature (instead of RDP), maybe there is no way to do it...

I will be happy to hear some comments or maybe your ideas related to this topic.

Thanks for your time,

Skovorodkin

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:26 AM

All replies

• Why can't you use rdp?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:10 AM
  • Hi Doron,

Thanks for answer.

Because RDP it is just viewer.

Our custom solution has a lot of features developed specially for our needs (used in Software Quality Department). It is not commercial project. 

Of course we can use RDP, but my question is not about another viewers. 

I want to figure out the best way for resolving problem described in my original post.

Do you have ideas about?

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:56 AM