SharePoint Designer 2007: Include Workflow Data in e-mail notificiations RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I hope somebody can help me. I have set up an approvel workflow with SharePoint Designer 2007. There are several steps in which I collect Data form users. Whitin these steps there are two informations that I collect form the users. First they have to approve or reject an item and secondly they will input a comment explaining their decision.

In a next step the item owner is informed (via e-mail notification) whether his item has been approve or rejected. I would like to include the comments the approvers gave in this e-mail. But I can not find the according variable in the work flow data.

Does anybody know how to include the information of a second variable in an e-mail notification? I would appriciate any hint that one could give me. Turning crazy here.

Thank you very much.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 8:25 AM

All replies

• When you use Collect Data action it return you the Task Item ID which contains your comments.

Get the Comments from the Task List filtered using Task Item ID and that comments can be added to your email.

Same way you know where the request is approved or rejected.

Dare to promise

Thursday, April 26, 2012 2:15 PM
  • Thank you so much! I found everything according to what you suggested and currently am running a couple of tests. Anyhow, seems a lot more reasonable solution than evrything I tried so far...

Thursday, April 26, 2012 2:54 PM