none
IntelliTrace support in 3rd party providers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi *,

I really like the new IntelliTrace support in i.e. SqlClient, you can see when and what command was executed pretty easily. And I would like to also add support for this into provider for Firebird. Is there some description what a provider writer needs to implement (and call), to make this work?
    Jiri {x2} Cincura
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 9:31 AM

Answers

• So you mean you want to add a custom IntelliTrace event just like those under Tools->Options->IntelliTrace->IntelliTrace Events(Typically, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, Registry and so on are already there), right?

I am afraid that cannot be achieved now.  

Ji Zhou

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 10:27 AM

All replies

• Hello, Jiri!

When you refer to IntelliTrace, do you mean the Historical Debugging feature new introduced in Visual Studio 2010, which is mentioned here?

http://blogs.msdn.com/ianhu/archive/2009/05/13/historical-debugging-in-visual-studio-team-system-2010.aspx

From most of the documentations and articles written by PG member, IntelliTrace should support most of .NET managed application debugging. So, do you mean, when you enable the IntelliTrace in VS2010, you still cannot find historical data when debugging codes in your FireBird provider? 

If that is the case, I am afraid currently we cannot achieve this because, based on my research, there is no IntelliTrace api or sdk. It is just a feature of Visual Studio. If it does not work for the custom data provider, it just does not support it at this time.

Have  a nice day Sir!

Ji Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 10:16 AM
  • Hi,

not exactly. What I'm looking for is ability to put some information into IntelliTrace, when somebody is using ADO.NET provider for Firebird - mainly the query executed as the SqlClient is doing.

Jiri {x2} Cincura
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 8:17 AM
  • So you mean you want to add a custom IntelliTrace event just like those under Tools->Options->IntelliTrace->IntelliTrace Events(Typically, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, Registry and so on are already there), right?

I am afraid that cannot be achieved now.  

Ji Zhou

Tuesday, December 1, 2009 10:27 AM
  • Hmmm, that's pretty sad. :(
    Jiri {x2} Cincura
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 10:29 AM