Cannot Register Phone - Error Logging into the Windows Phone Dev Center RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot register my phone using the Windows Phone Developer Registration tool running in Windows 8.1. The phone is a Samsung Ativ S.

I've confirmed that I can log into dev.windowsphone.com on the machine. I've tried setting up the credentials with Credentials Manager (using dev.windowsphone.com as the url). I've confirmed that IpOverUsbSvc is running. I've confirmed that the phone is visible in the file manager (and even browsed files to make sure). I've unlocked the phone's lock screen. I've gone the Accounts page in the dev centre to confirm that my account is active.

It seems the problem isn't with the credentials I use because, if I purposely enter incorrect credentials, I don't even get past the Microsoft Account Sign In window - the error message I am getting happens after that sign-in window right in the Windows Phone Developer Registration window.

Saturday, May 17, 2014 10:50 AM

Answers

• There was an issue with device unlocks, this problem has been resolved. Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Thanks, Tamara

• Proposed as answer by MADdanny Saturday, May 17, 2014 11:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by tractorpull Sunday, May 18, 2014 12:34 AM
    Saturday, May 17, 2014 10:39 PM

All replies

• Same problem here, //Publish/ event in Prague, several devs already reported, that they are unable to dev unlock their WP8.1 phones.
    Saturday, May 17, 2014 11:52 AM
  • me too

eXavier

Saturday, May 17, 2014 12:08 PM
  • Same Here

Mark

Saturday, May 17, 2014 12:30 PM
  • same here
    Saturday, May 17, 2014 12:44 PM
  • Same here. Can't unlock my phone for demo purposes on public event. Are there any other possibilities for side loading?

Mike

Saturday, May 17, 2014 12:45 PM
  • Same here as well.
    Saturday, May 17, 2014 12:54 PM
  • same here
    Saturday, May 17, 2014 2:55 PM
  • Ditto
    Saturday, May 17, 2014 3:16 PM
  • Just tried on a physical machine (the first was a VM). Still no luck. This is frustrating.

Microsoft? What's going on?

Saturday, May 17, 2014 4:17 PM
  • Hi,

Same problem for me :(

EDIT: i just tried again and it's OK now ! Dont know if it was a service outage or because i activated Wifi on my Ativ S.
    • Edited by MADdanny Saturday, May 17, 2014 10:23 PM
    Saturday, May 17, 2014 8:57 PM
  • I just tried again. Same problem.

Please upvote this - maybe it will get Microsoft's attention.

Saturday, May 17, 2014 9:22 PM
  • There was an issue with device unlocks, this problem has been resolved. Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Thanks, Tamara

• Proposed as answer by MADdanny Saturday, May 17, 2014 11:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by tractorpull Sunday, May 18, 2014 12:34 AM
    Saturday, May 17, 2014 10:39 PM
  • Worked for me. Thanks. Took me longer to get this resolved than it took me to write the app ;)
    Sunday, May 18, 2014 12:35 AM

Thanks, Tamara

Was? There still is. I am getting the same error as of a few minutes ago.
    Monday, May 19, 2014 8:48 AM
  • Trying to unlock a device getting an error "error logging into the windows phone dev center.." logged into my dev account seems to work. why is the app not working?

is there any other way to unlock this device? or do i go back to develop for iOS?

• Edited by Haim Maik Monday, May 19, 2014 8:54 AM
    • Proposed as answer by pankaj123321 Sunday, May 17, 2015 7:55 AM
    Monday, May 19, 2014 8:53 AM
  • I'm still getting the same problem ! it took me one hour troubleshooting !
    Monday, May 19, 2014 9:34 AM
  • Hello Tamara, I still receive the same error. The issue is not resolved.
    Monday, May 19, 2014 10:03 AM
  • Hi Tamara, cannot unlock a Windows Phone 8 on Windows 7 or Windows 8, with a valid developer account.  Have run through the checklist of problems, everything ok, phone detected, can view phone files in explorer.

"Error logging into the Windows Phone Dev Center.  Please check your Microsoft Account and password and try again."

Broccoli

Monday, May 19, 2014 10:15 AM
  •  still getting the same problem ! Very very disappointed about Windows. This is my first day moving to Windows Phone dev from iOS. One whole day is wasted on this problem!!!!!!
    Monday, May 19, 2014 10:37 AM
  • It is working now. Thanks
    Monday, May 19, 2014 12:27 PM
  • It is working now. Thanks

thanks for the info, it is working now. (do ur devices fast b4 it stops working again lol).

Monday, May 19, 2014 12:36 PM
  • I'm now getting the same error attempting to unlock my old win7.8 phone.
    Saturday, May 24, 2014 9:17 PM
  • Same here. Cannot unlock Windows Phone 7.8 Phone (Lumia 610). Error 0x64.

Trying for 2 weeks now! Phone Support asks $275 for a support case (that's twice the Phone is worth...)??
    Can someone look into this...

Monday, May 26, 2014 7:52 PM
  • This thread is a little old, but not too old.  My Nokia Lumia 920 that used to be registered isn't connecting since the 8.1 update (latest update today).  I've tried wiping out my list of phones in my account on the dashboard, that didn't make a difference.  IpOverUsbSvc is running, has been re-started alone, and has been re-started through a power-cycle.  I can browse files on my phone from my Windows 8.1 laptop.  When I disconnect / reconnect my the USB cable to my phone, the Device Phone Registration screen shows an automatic retry.  So far in all cases, I'm getting:

Developer Phone Registration Fail screen

Some additional information based on more searches and some thinking:

• Windows Media Player is installed and can access the Lumia
    • I can't see any event log messages associated with the failure to connect
    • Although it seems associated with Windows Phone 8.1, I can't say for sure that's true, since I hadn't tried connecting while it was running Windows Phone 8.0 in awhile.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 11:24 PM
  • Same problem for me on two different PC (windows 7 & windows 8.1) with two different phones (Acer Alegro 7.1 and Lumia 620 windows 8); the phones appear in the dev/dashboard but won't to be unlocked.

What can I do ???????? please, it's urgent to fix that as tons of users report the same problem.

Domi.

• Edited by McDomi Thursday, June 5, 2014 6:50 AM
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 6:50 AM
  • There are still issues!  Can't unlock my phone!
    Friday, June 20, 2014 4:10 AM
  • How can you mark this as answered!!!.

After 2 days of trying to sort out  IpOverUsbSvc and failing, then check the time on phone and PC an phone for a day,  now getting "Error logging into the Windows Phone Dev Center.  Please check your Microsoft Account and password and try again." 

Is anyone as Microsoft taking ownership for this ?

This is really going to help Microsoft see of Apple and Android!!!

Saturday, June 21, 2014 4:50 PM
  • same here.

What the hell, MS? I have valid dev center account. And I have my device in the "Phones" section in the  account (expration date is 6/20/2016). But when I try deploy app to the device I got exception, that it's impossible, couse device is locked.

But for a two days I can't do anything becouse of this problem.

Saturday, June 21, 2014 6:16 PM
  • Same problem for me on two different PC (windows 7 & windows 8.1) with two different phones (Acer Alegro 7.1 and Lumia 620 windows 8); the phones appear in the dev/dashboard but won't to be unlocked.

What can I do ???????? please, it's urgent to fix that as tons of users report the same problem.

Domi.

Same problem for me (windows 8.1 32 bit, Lumia 710 upgraded to 7.8); the phones appear in the dev/dashboard but won't to be unlocked. 3 times reset on of them  hard reset.

What to do? Loose 2 days and read any information and things that found about this issue. Also remove skype, check domain security..

Sunday, June 22, 2014 11:05 AM
  • Greetings

An on going problem since Two months ago till now, additionally:

1) I formatted my computer.

2) I Reset my Phone (It was an ugly choice as I have stuff since two years ago)

3) I used a VPN router to fake a USA IP and putted all Zone & Time to USA.

4) Tried on Win7 / Win8 / Win8.1

5) Only Windows And Zune And Developer SDK on the System, still the same problem.

All tryout failed completely, I have Two phones HD7 WP7.8 / Nokia 920.

But without notice the Lumia 920 just get unlocked after trying it several days ago, but the HD7 didn't unlocked even though it was unlocked for Two years I just renewed my subscription but I couldn't UNLOCK IT.

So Microsoft Geniuses where are you!!!

Best Regards

Monday, June 23, 2014 8:46 PM
  • I just tried again. Same problem...
    Monday, June 23, 2014 8:48 PM
  • I tested just 1 minute ago and it worked, I didn't do anything more just make a test to register and haply its done, hope other can get through this ugly problem.

Best Regards

Friday, June 27, 2014 1:26 PM
  • Trying to register my phone for development

Get Status: Error logging into the Windows Phone Dev Center. Check your Microsoft Account credentials and try again.

Friday, July 18, 2014 4:52 PM
  • The same problem still exists for me and many other users too.

Monday, September 15, 2014 8:10 AM
  • Steps that worked for me:

1. Close Registration window

2. Go to Credentials Manager and delete Windows Live credential

3. In Visual Studio 2013 go Tools > Windows Phone 8.1 > Developer Unlock

4. Register.

Thursday, October 2, 2014 11:46 AM
  • I tried the above steps still I am getting

"error logging into the windows phone Dev center Check your Microsoft account credentials and try again".

I am using lumia 530.... I am trying for two days but all in vein. Any help is very much thankful

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 7:26 AM
  • I tried the above steps still I am getting

"error logging into the windows phone Dev center Check your Microsoft account credentials and try again".

I am using lumia 530.... I am trying for two days but all in vein. Any help is very much thankful

The same with me here.. Trying to unlock my Lumia 1320 and getting the following Error:

Error logging into the Windows Phone Dev Center. Check your Microsoft Account credentials and try again.

Although I have just activated my Developer Account. Maybe it should take some time for it to get activated?

Thursday, November 6, 2014 6:43 AM
  • The solution for this problem is provided on http://stuckhelp.com. Please check the this link for your problem http://www.stuckhelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=201
    Monday, December 29, 2014 1:11 PM