none
SubReport Processing Event only firing for some of my reports RRS feed

• Question

• As the thread title states....some of my subReports are shown and the event is fired for those but for some reason 8 other subreports arent shown as the event doesn't fire for those in question. Can anyone suggest a reason for this>

I have checked my LoadSubreportDefinition() and its called for each subreport, but for some reason the event still doesnt fire for those 8 subReports.

Thanks a million!

Thursday, June 7, 2007 10:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Derek,

I spent all day yesterday and last night working on this...and the answer stood up and hit me in the face.

In the MainReport there was a parameter (lets call it myParam), well all it is, is a string that is not used anywhere...however it was required by some of the subReports...and not by others. But when I right clicked on the subReport (in the MainReport), the said myParam was not included to be passed....once I added it here...BINGO!! they began to work. What was puzzling about this was that...this report worked from the Reports Server....but the minute it got moved to rdlc...it stopped!

Strange thing that.... but thanks again for the help!!

Much appreciated

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 3:49 PM

All replies

• Hey Guys!!

Has anyone had any ideas in relation to the above?

Its been bugging me all night and today.....stilll cant figure it out!!!

I am also populating the parameters but to no avail.....I have debugged and I get the following...

"Warning: Error generating subreport "CoverPage": One or more parameters required have not been specified"

Which makes no sense as it works in another Main report, but not in this one...

Friday, June 8, 2007 8:54 PM
  • I could be wrong, but if you specify parameters then I thought it skips the subreport processing event.  I know I had a similar issue, and I think that was the cause.  I think it either takes in a parameter and gets the data itself, or it needs you to give it the data (uses the subreport processing event).  Try removing all parameters and see if the event gets fired.

Derek
    Monday, June 11, 2007 5:49 PM
  • ***, I tested out my theory above and it does not hold up.  I tried to add a subreport onto an existing report that I have and the processing event does not fire for that report........hmmm...  It was originally set up to handle parameters, but I tried to change it to not accept parameters.  I'm going to do some more testing, but this one has me stumped now.  If I add another subreport that does not use parameters then it catches that one.

Derek
    Monday, June 11, 2007 9:15 PM
  • Hi Derek,

I spent all day yesterday and last night working on this...and the answer stood up and hit me in the face.

In the MainReport there was a parameter (lets call it myParam), well all it is, is a string that is not used anywhere...however it was required by some of the subReports...and not by others. But when I right clicked on the subReport (in the MainReport), the said myParam was not included to be passed....once I added it here...BINGO!! they began to work. What was puzzling about this was that...this report worked from the Reports Server....but the minute it got moved to rdlc...it stopped!

Strange thing that.... but thanks again for the help!!

Much appreciated

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 3:49 PM