none
Sharepoint splistfilter webpart constantly breaking RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a problem, one solution is always breaking on me. It works for some while (sometimes for several months other times for 1-2 weeks) and then breaks throwing the below error:

Sorry, something went wrong

An unexpected error has occurred.

Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, contact your site administrator.

I tried to reset and remove, add back the webpart to the list from web part maintenance page, but it did not fix the issue.

I ran fiddler which gave me no information and the only way i got it back to work was retracting and deploying the solution from central administration page.

Maybe someone has had a similar issue with a webpart and can give me tips on how to prevent the issue from happening?

Thursday, March 23, 2017 2:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Fazzzer,

Have you taken a look at the logs? If you click on TECHNICAL DETAILS, you should be able to get the Correlation ID and search for that in the logs. That can give you more info on the issue. Once you get the logs, post them here so we can all take a look.

Fausto Capellan, Jr - SharePoint Admin

Thursday, March 23, 2017 3:24 PM
  • Hi,

had a look at the event logs and theres nothing at the time i got the error.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 3:59 PM
  • If that's the case, I'd set logging to Verbose temporarily until you can find the error. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what's the purpose of your solution?

Fausto Capellan, Jr - SharePoint Admin

Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:01 PM
  • Hi,

its a list filtering solution, i will check into verbose logs once it happens again

Monday, March 27, 2017 9:29 AM