Connect to a storage from another subscription RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In order to deploy my applications, I upload my package to my Azure storage, then deploy from storage using the web interface.

I have several subscriptions (for Europe, Asia, load tests...) Is it possible to upload my package to one storage account and then to deploy it by accessing the storage from all my subscriptions ?

Thanks.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 11:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Rodbeck,

Currently the web interface (management portal) does not allow loading package from a storage account in other subscriptions. Also the management API Create Deployment says that the service package must be located in a storage account beneath the same subscription.

As a workaround, you may want to make a client application running in your local machine for deploying applications. The client application downloads the package from a centralized Azure storage and uploads it to other Azure storages before deploying.

By the way, please submit a feature request to http://www.mygreatwindowsazureidea.com.

Thanks.

Wenchao Zeng
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework
    • Marked as answer by Wenchao Zeng Thursday, August 25, 2011 6:45 AM
    Friday, August 19, 2011 6:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Rodbeck,

Currently the web interface (management portal) does not allow loading package from a storage account in other subscriptions. Also the management API Create Deployment says that the service package must be located in a storage account beneath the same subscription.

As a workaround, you may want to make a client application running in your local machine for deploying applications. The client application downloads the package from a centralized Azure storage and uploads it to other Azure storages before deploying.

By the way, please submit a feature request to http://www.mygreatwindowsazureidea.com.

Thanks.

Wenchao Zeng
    • Marked as answer by Wenchao Zeng Thursday, August 25, 2011 6:45 AM
    Friday, August 19, 2011 6:21 AM
  • Hi,

I will mark the reply as answer. If you find it no help, please feel free to unmark it and follow up.

Thanks.

Wenchao Zeng
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 6:45 AM
  • Hi, as a workaround I have asked for a core quota raise.

This way I can host all my hosted services in one subscription, it's much easier.

Thanks for you help.

R.
    Saturday, August 27, 2011 8:40 PM