none
BizTalk EDI Batching exceptions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have configured EDI outbound batching for one of our application.  I keep getting the following exceptions and its not consistent. I have restarted the host instances and even tried to stop and start the batch activation.

Any help in resolving this is greatly appreciated.

xlang/s engine event log entry: Uncaught exception (see the 'inner exception' below) has suspended an instance of service 'Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.BatchSuspendOrchestration.BatchElementSuspendService(52b477a6-f224-d7ee-a40d-92c8ad5f5544)'.
    The service instance will remain suspended until administratively resumed or terminated. 
    If resumed the instance will continue from its last persisted state and may re-throw the same unexpected exception.
    InstanceId: 2169430f-d19c-42e2-8069-1fd6fbaf2dd5
    Shape name: Throw that an error has occured
    ShapeId: 209c5624-f52a-404d-b44d-d8fb41b0fed4
    Exception thrown from: segment 2, progress 33
    Inner exception: The batch element is being suspended as it either failed schema validation or context properties are not matching batch definition. The error is : Stopping after the first error !!
    Please use the EDI Design Time tools to get a complete list of errors.

Exception type: ApplicationException
    Source: Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.BatchingOrchestration
    Target Site: Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.StopConditions segment2(Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.StopConditions)
    The following is a stack trace that identifies the location where the exception occured

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.BatchSuspendOrchestration.BatchElementSuspendService.segment2(StopConditions stopOn)
       at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.SegmentScheduler.RunASegment(Segment s, StopConditions stopCond, Exception& exp)

Thanks,

Gnani

Gnani

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 5:52 PM

Answers

• This is happening because the message you are sending to the Batching Service is not a valid EDI message, it's failing for some structure or data reason.

You have to take the suspended message and to a Validate in Visual Studio to see the exact error.

To be clear, the problem is not with the Batching Service or BizTalk Server, the message itself is not valid.

Thursday, February 2, 2017 6:02 PM

All replies

• This is happening because the message you are sending to the Batching Service is not a valid EDI message, it's failing for some structure or data reason.

You have to take the suspended message and to a Validate in Visual Studio to see the exact error.

To be clear, the problem is not with the Batching Service or BizTalk Server, the message itself is not valid.

Thursday, February 2, 2017 6:02 PM
  • John,

Thanks for your response. The messages do not have any validation errors and more over they are validated by edifecs with SNIP-7 validation. 

Also when i try to re-batch the failed messages again, they get batched with out any issues. 

Appreciate any other inputs.

Thanks,

Gnani

Gnani

Monday, February 13, 2017 10:30 PM