none
How to get Outlook Signature form a ActiveX Com Object (Jscript) ? RRS feed

• Question

• I am using JScript to Create/popup a Outlook New Mail window with HTML body text.

I wanted to add the signature of the logged-in user at the bottom of the Mail body ?

Is it possible ? if yes then How ?

also is there is any reference to all the functions availble with Outlook Com (ActiveX Control) for JScript. I have been known to  VBS Scripting but it's hard to get a reference material for Office 2010 reference.

It will be a great help for me. 

*** Vin.k.S _______

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 2:44 PM

Answers

• easiest way would be to simply create new mail using outlook API - this way outlook will add signature by itself and later you can append your text to mail's body. If however you want to go in opposite direction then you would have to create second mail in background (without showing it to user) and using Word API copy&paste signature from second mail to your first.
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 3:00 PM
    • Edited by DamianD Thursday, July 26, 2012 8:17 AM wrong link
    • Marked as answer by ViN.k.S Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:12 AM
    Thursday, July 26, 2012 8:12 AM

All replies

• easiest way would be to simply create new mail using outlook API - this way outlook will add signature by itself and later you can append your text to mail's body. If however you want to go in opposite direction then you would have to create second mail in background (without showing it to user) and using Word API copy&paste signature from second mail to your first.
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 3:00 PM

Thanks for Reply.

But how to access Outlook API(all features) using JScript, cause when i use there is no intellisense for Property/Message name.. it just don't get listed. :(

*** Vin.k.S _______

Thursday, July 26, 2012 4:14 AM
    • Edited by DamianD Thursday, July 26, 2012 8:17 AM wrong link
    • Marked as answer by ViN.k.S Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:12 AM
    Thursday, July 26, 2012 8:12 AM
  • Thanks for the reference..  :)

how about intellisense.. when i program with VB6/VBScript in VS 6.0 and SystemScripter i used to get intellisense dropdown on member's. Does VS2010 have any such Add-ons to facilates COM Programming.

cause i am really missing those olden days :(

*** Vin.k.S _______

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:11 AM
  • intellisense is provided in most code editors in VS - what language do you use?
    Wednesday, August 8, 2012 9:09 AM
  • I am doing JScript with Activex (OUTLOOK).

*** Vin.k.S _______

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 9:44 AM
  • ok, jscript is outside of my experience. But if this is the same as normal javascript then VS is only able to provide intelinsense only for stuff inside that file (and not defined with too crazy syntax) and special generated files that look like help files (vide jquery). So i guess you will have to get used to blisters on fingers for typing whole names yourself.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 11:08 AM
  • Hmm :(

Even IE DOM is missing..

*** Vin.k.S _______

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:23 AM