none
App successfully updated in dev-center but no longer listed in store

Question

• Hi everyone!

We have a problem with one of our apps. We recently updated it, everything went fine and in dev-center it says the app (updated) is now registered in store.

How ever, when using the search within the store-app on Windows 8 or 8.1 we keep recieving the message the app would no longer be available in store.

It is an app which has been in store for a long time, has been pretty successful and it was the 12th update. We did not recieve any notification and in dev-center everything looks just normal.

Has anyone else had an issue like that before and might have an idea on how to react on that problem?

Thank you very much!

Armin

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 9:10 PM

Answers

• Good news: Early this morning the app showed up again in store on 8 and 8.1. No clue what might have been the problem, perhaps index updating or just a hiccup in store. I was mostly irritated by the term "no longer available" which kinda sounded like the app was permanently removed ...

Anyway: Question answered just by waiting :-)

Armin

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 7:30 AM

All replies

• Good news: Early this morning the app showed up again in store on 8 and 8.1. No clue what might have been the problem, perhaps index updating or just a hiccup in store. I was mostly irritated by the term "no longer available" which kinda sounded like the app was permanently removed ...

Anyway: Question answered just by waiting :-)

Armin

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 7:30 AM
  • Hi Armin,

I'm glad to hear this was resolved on its own. However, to address your concern about the verbiage "no longer available", I would suggest you leave your feedback at our UserVoice site for better visibility of this.

Thanks for the post!

-Jonathan

Windows Store Developer Support

Office Store Developer Support

Friday, July 25, 2014 6:49 PM
  • I've found that about half the time after a successful update published the app would disappear from the store for half a day.  Even the direct link to the app will show this app is no longer available message.

A quick search yielded many people complaining about is.  And yet every time it is brought up support people just pretend like they've never heard of this problem.   I've just learned to live with it.  I've had a couple panicked users thinking I pulled my app after they've bought it.  I had to explain to them that this is normal behavior for the store.

Saturday, August 16, 2014 6:02 PM