none
Publish File Size Limit RRS feed

• Question

• What is the file size limit when publishing a Small Basic program?  Is it possible to have this limit increased?

I am converting a couple of old large QBasic applications to Small Basic and would sure like the option of running those applications in Silverlight.

Thanks,

Micheal

Friday, January 7, 2011 10:35 AM

Answers

All replies

• I believe there is a file size limit, but if you write a program too large, then publish it, it could slow down your browser alot.
    ~~AirWaves!!~~
    • Proposed as answer by AirWaves Sunday, January 9, 2011 5:59 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Mercon Sunday, January 9, 2011 9:55 PM
    Saturday, January 8, 2011 8:22 PM
  • there is a file size limit and small basic will display an error when you try to publish a program that is too large.

what is the size limit?  how can i get it increased?

i have not seen any performance issues at all with large programs running in silverlight.  do you have any performance benchmarks showing a difference between an exe and silverlight application?

thanks...

Micheal
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 10:07 PM
  • I wrote a program a while ago and hit the limit, I posted it to the forum here and Vijaye, creater of Small Basic and owner of smallbasic.com, increased the limit to accommodate my nearly 1200 line program.  I'm not sure of the current limit, but I think if there is a need he could increase it again.
    Monday, January 10, 2011 12:50 AM