none
WCF in Managed C++ can't transfer data more than 64k. RRS feed

• Question

• I used WCF to communicate between two process, one of each is implemented by managed C++, however when I transfer a big file which more than 64k, then the exception would popup. the same contract with same app configure file works well in two C# process.

even I set the buffer more than 64k in WCF configure file, it still doesn't work well. would you like to help answer why?

Thursday, July 7, 2016 6:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Jack Pang,

Thank you for posting here.

The Visual C# forum discuss and ask questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Since your issue is about WCF forum, I will move your thread to that forum for better support.

Best Regards,

Hart

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 7, 2016 9:43 AM
  • Thanks very much, Hart.

Friday, July 8, 2016 5:11 AM
  • Hi Jack,

>>even I set the buffer more than 64k in WCF configure file

Did you get any error message? Except setting buffer, I would suggest you set the related settings like maxReceivedMessageSize, sendTimeout and etc.

Did you use configure file for C++ application? If so, I suggest you share us both configure files for service and client in non-work situation. If not, I would suggest you share us how you configure in code.
    It would be helpful if you could share us your C++ application and C# application, and then we could try to reproduce your issue at our side.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 21, 2016 2:04 AM
  • Thanks very much.
    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:42 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Have your issue been resolved? If you have, it would be appreciated if you could share us your solution, and you could mark the helpful reply as answer. If not, please feel free to share us your current issue.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 3:07 AM