Integrating SSRS into a asp.net website using forms authentication RRS feed

• Question

• User1913803440 posted

Hi all,

Struggling majorly with troubleshooting an asp.net / SSRS setup. I have an existing web server with an asp.net web application on it, it is using forms authentication and windows authentication is disabled on it.

There is an embedded reportviewer control in one of the pages and there are some report server credentials configured in web.config. Since the reporting server was migrated to a new one, the embedded control was constantly showing a 401 unauthorised error.

My theory is that I will need to configure forms authentication on the SSRS server.

Does anybody have any experience doing this or can tell me if i'm on the right track?

Thanks!

Friday, August 3, 2018 4:09 PM

All replies

• User347430248 posted

Hi milkysunshin...,

You had mentioned that,"There is an embedded reportviewer control in one of the pages and there are some report server credentials configured in web.config. Since the reporting server was migrated to a new one, the embedded control was constantly showing a 401 unauthorised error."

Do you mean you are getting this error after report server get migrated.

You can try to check that whether there is any changes in credentials configured in web.config file. If you find any changes then modify it.

Also check that supported drivers are installed for a new report server.

If issue persist then i suggest you to post a detailed error message. It can help us to understand the issue in better way.

Also You can check that what changes need to done when you migrate to new report server.

It can help you to get the idea about possible issue.

Regards

Deepak

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:19 AM