POS for .NET 1.14 : PrintMemoryBitmap Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am migrating an application from POS for .NET 1.12 to 1.14 and I encountered a problem with PrintMemoryBitmap(), which previously worked fine on 1.12. 

_Printer.PrintMemoryBitmap(PrinterStation.Receipt, Properties.Resources.printBmp, PosPrinter.PrinterBitmapAsIs, PosPrinter.PrinterBitmapCenter);

now throws a POS control exception with this message:

PosControlException (ErrorCode=Illegal) (Extended=300002) (Message=Method PrintMemoryBitmap threw an exception.  Attempt was made to perform an illegal or unsupported operation with the device, or an invalid parameter value was used.).

For the rest, the printer is working just fine. Also, the normal PrintBitmap(), given the path to the .bmp file, successfully prints the bitmap.

Any ideas?

Thank you and best regards,

Chris

Friday, September 26, 2014 8:20 AM

All replies

• I have the same issue since using POS.NET 1.14.

SetBitmap() is working fine but PrintMemoryBitmap() is throwing an error: "Method PrintMemoryBitmap threw an exception.  Attempt was made to perform an illegal or unsupported operation with the device, or an invalid parameter value was used."

@ChrisLeesch: did you find any solution?

Thursday, June 11, 2015 10:34 AM
  • Same problem here
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 11:40 AM
  • What printer are you using?

Are you using the latest 1.14 SO for the printer, or are you using a OPOS driver?

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 6:49 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello

I'm using the Epson TM-T20II receipt printer. I've installed pos for .net 1.14 and EPSON OPOS ADK 2015/05/25 Ver.2.80E.

Thank you

Thursday, August 13, 2015 7:34 AM
  • You might want to ask EPSON if they have support for the API call in their latest OPOS driver.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, August 13, 2015 4:13 PM
    Answerer
  • Thank you for the feedback
    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:16 PM
  • If you use the PrintMemoryBitmap method of OPOS driver, you must pass to convert the data into text using BinaryConversion.
    Please refer to the following MSDN blog article.

MSDN Blogs > Windows Embedded POSReady and POS for .NET Blog > Setting the BinaryConversions property for Legacy OPOS service objects

Lynda Allen - MS 18 Sep 2009 11:28 AM

Thursday, September 24, 2015 9:33 PM