How to use the files of doloto rewritten?

Question

• My website has so many files(aspx,js,html)...
    I wanna use doloto to profile it.
    I wanna use the files of Doloto Rewritten cover to my orig files;
    but the name of doloto files is different of mine;
    I must replace my file content one by one.
    Is any easy way for me?

Thanks.

Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:13 AM

All replies

• You can take the entire directory where you placed DOloto-rewritten files and upload it to your server. Remember that you can choose the directory where Doloto outputs its files. 

The recommended way it to deploy your newly rewritten site parallel you your old directory structure. I.e. you might have app/index.html and  app/ file.js. Upload Doloto-rewritten files to app/doloto/index.html and app/doloto/file.js. Make sure that HTML and aspx file refer to the correct rewritten JS sources. You might have to edit these files by hand if that's not so or you want to move files around.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to post with further quesitons.

-Ben
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 9:34 PM
  • How do I configure IIS after the re-written files are uploaded to server?  Do I need to change the local path to point to the folder containing those files?
    Friday, September 25, 2009 8:52 PM
  • There is nothing IIS-special about servicing Doloto-rewritten apps. You need to make sure that HTML points to DOloto-rewritten versions of JavaScript. All that is required is that you get the files paths right.

Hopefully, we'll have a tutorial that shows a detailed example of how to do this on a site.

-Ben
    Saturday, October 3, 2009 5:30 AM