Community Content Wiki issues RRS feed

• Question

• Some issue:

1. When editing or adding a CC item, blank lines included in the typing get stripped out. This, especially for code, can be very ugly. Can we have the old editor back please - the one that did not do this?

2. When editing or adding code, the code may look perfect, but when submitted, extra lines can be added. I'd prefer to have the blank lines I want in the code, not random lines.

3. There's no easy way to indicate hyperlink text in an article using the editor. I know I can use Live Writer to set this up, but it's hard.

4. In the MSDN wiki, the tag "NULL" seems to be being entered an awful lot. Maybe someone is doing this deliberately but it looks like (another) but.

5. When will the nice editor we have here in Forums be made available to Community Content. It's sub-optimal to have such a relatively poor editor for community content when the editor here is so much better.

6. There seems no way to get colour codeing into code that's posted to the MSDN wiki. I post a bit of PowerShell code, and would like the code here to look as nice as at http://pshscripts.blogspot.com.

Thomas Lee
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 6:46 PM

Answers

• And several years later - the answer comes out: MS Has dropped library community content along with the classic skin.

Thanks ms for listening (NOT), listening to your customers (NOT) and thanks for the improved skin (NOT).

Thomas Lee <DoctorDNS@Gmail.Com>

• Proposed as answer by Mike Kinsman Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Kinsman Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:02 PM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:12 PM

All replies

• Some issue:

1. When editing or adding a CC item, blank lines included in the typing get stripped out. This, especially for code, can be very ugly. Can we have the old editor back please - the one that did not do this?

2. When editing or adding code, the code may look perfect, but when submitted, extra lines can be added. I'd prefer to have the blank lines I want in the code, not random lines.

3. There's no easy way to indicate hyperlink text in an article using the editor. I know I can use Live Writer to set this up, but it's hard.

4. In the MSDN wiki, the tag "NULL" seems to be being entered an awful lot. Maybe someone is doing this deliberately but it looks like (another) but.

5. When will the nice editor we have here in Forums be made available to Community Content. It's sub-optimal to have such a relatively poor editor for community content when the editor here is so much better.

6. There seems no way to get colour codeing into code that's posted to the MSDN wiki. I post a bit of PowerShell code, and would like the code here to look as nice as at http://pshscripts.blogspot.com.

Thomas Lee

This was posted a year ago. with the exception of 4, these issues still exist.

Any updates?

Thomas Lee - doctordns@gmail.com
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 9:57 PM
  • And several years later - the answer comes out: MS Has dropped library community content along with the classic skin.

Thanks ms for listening (NOT), listening to your customers (NOT) and thanks for the improved skin (NOT).

Thomas Lee <DoctorDNS@Gmail.Com>

• Proposed as answer by Mike Kinsman Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Kinsman Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:02 PM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:12 PM
  • I dont mean to invoke your ire Thomas, but sorry that this slipped off our Radar..4...err 5 years ago.   I'll ahead and propose your response as the answer to your very old question.  

Also, this is actually now the MSDN Subscriptions Feedback forum, something else thats changed in the last 5 years.  I'll try to help out more quickly wiht Subscriptions related questions you post here.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:36 PM