none
Batching issue with EDIFACT RRS feed

• Question

• recently i got a chance to work on EDIFACT batching in BTS2006R2 for the first time. receiving a mainframe file then converting it into EDIFACT D96A message and sending to a temp folder location.

Q1. How the EDI send pipeline add the UNA,UNB part to the message?How can I configure that?

Q2. From the temp folder the EDI messages picked up and pass through an EDI receive pipeline for EDI Batch Orchestration to subscribe them. However that is not happening and I'm getting a routing failure error.The orchestration is started.Could you please guide me on what needs to be done here?

Thanks in advance..

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 6:21 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the information.

I have created a new send port with EDI send pipeline. So, how do i know which party it is being considered to get the UNA,UNB segments?as i have not put my send port on any of the configured parties.

It will decide party based on following values in your file, if no such party exists, create a new party with such values.

For EDIFACT, BizTalk Server will use the following values to make the match:

• UNB2.1 (sender identifier)
    • UNB2.2 (sender qualifier)
    • UNB3.1 (receiver identifier)
    • UNB3.2 (receiver qualifier)

• Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Tuesday, April 29, 2014 12:42 PM
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:53 AM

All replies

• The Interchange headers for both EDIFACT and X12 are configured in the Parties section of BizTalk Administrator.

The first thing you should do is all the EDI tutorials will cover all the basics, including Trading Partner Configuration.

They can be found here:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/biztalk/dd849956

Here's a good summary of setting up EDI Batching:  http://biztalk.stottcreations.com/2009/05/outbound_edi_batching_tutorial/

Note, the Trading Partner Management is different from BizTalk 2006 to BizTalk Server 2010, but the EDI Agreements still require the same data so they are conceptually the same.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 6:59 PM

I have created a new send port with EDI send pipeline. So, how do i know which party it is being considered to get the UNA,UNB segments?as i have not put my send port on any of the configured parties.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 5:46 AM

It will decide party based on following values in your file, if no such party exists, create a new party with such values.

For EDIFACT, BizTalk Server will use the following values to make the match:

• UNB2.1 (sender identifier)
    • UNB2.2 (sender qualifier)
    • UNB3.1 (receiver identifier)
    • UNB3.2 (receiver qualifier)

• Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Tuesday, April 29, 2014 12:42 PM
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:53 AM