none
Clear new tasks tile number RRS feed

• Question

• I understand that new tasks number on Tasks tile shows number of tasks that I haven't clicked on and viewed their details. Is there a way to bulk edit all tasks displayed in Tasks list to clear "new tasks number"?

New Tasks Tile

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 12:00 PM

Answers

• Zox88 --

I understand your frustration, my friend.  I wish that the tile would display the number of new tasks that are recent new tasks, such as in the last two days, for example.  And then after two days, the number would drop to only those that are truly new.  Alas, that is not how it works.  To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to bulk edit all tasks shown in the Tasks page in PWA to make the tile message go away.  Sorry, but hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 4:24 PM

All replies

• Zox88 --

I understand your frustration, my friend.  I wish that the tile would display the number of new tasks that are recent new tasks, such as in the last two days, for example.  And then after two days, the number would drop to only those that are truly new.  Alas, that is not how it works.  To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to bulk edit all tasks shown in the Tasks page in PWA to make the tile message go away.  Sorry, but hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 4:24 PM
  • Hey Dale,

at least my new tasks number is up to date, but most of our PWA users have a few hundred tasks to click through...I guess there will be a lot of clicking in the next month :)
    Wednesday, August 28, 2019 1:33 PM