Rehosting Workflow Designer : Browse for types... (a library doesn't appear) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Sorry but I've got another problem. I've a solution with three projects. A project with the Workflow Deigner rehosted (works good) and two libraries : one with activities and another with a simple class Policy.

I want to be able to declare variable of the type Policy in the workflow Designer. The designer project have a reference to the two othe projects and the activies library have a reference to the class library. The class Policy is in the two 'library' projects (for test).

In the rehosted designer, when I click on "Browse for types..." to change the type of a new variable, I can reach the activities library but not the class library.

Is it something special to do to have the class library in the Referenced Assemblies window ?

Thanks !!
    Friday, July 24, 2009 7:48 AM

Answers

• The type browser will possibly show in the type browser all assemblies currently loaded in the AppDomain.
    You can try ensuring your assembly is loaded in advance of browsing for types by e.g. loading a type in that assembly.

In addition to the 'automatic' functionality above, you can explicitly specifiy the exact list of assemblies to show for browsing using a context item:

designer = new WorkflowDesigner();
                AssemblyContextControlItem acci = designer.Context.Items.GetValue<AssemblyContextControlItem>();
                acci.ReferencedAssemblyNames = {
                    new AssemblyName("System.Activities"),
                    //etc. whatever you like.
                };

• Marked as answer by Shadew Thursday, August 13, 2009 7:20 AM
    • Edited by Tim Lovell-Smith Saturday, December 10, 2011 10:27 AM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 11:56 PM

All replies

• The type browser will possibly show in the type browser all assemblies currently loaded in the AppDomain.
    You can try ensuring your assembly is loaded in advance of browsing for types by e.g. loading a type in that assembly.

In addition to the 'automatic' functionality above, you can explicitly specifiy the exact list of assemblies to show for browsing using a context item:

designer = new WorkflowDesigner();
                AssemblyContextControlItem acci = designer.Context.Items.GetValue<AssemblyContextControlItem>();
                acci.ReferencedAssemblyNames = {
                    new AssemblyName("System.Activities"),
                    //etc. whatever you like.
                };

• Marked as answer by Shadew Thursday, August 13, 2009 7:20 AM
    • Edited by Tim Lovell-Smith Saturday, December 10, 2011 10:27 AM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 11:56 PM
  • Thanks for your answer tilovell !!
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 7:21 AM