none
EF Model refresh question. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I delete a colume of a table.then I refresh the database model in edmx file.but the properties for that colume still exist. why?

Thursday, May 3, 2018 3:27 AM

All replies

• Hello.

I delete a colume of a table.then I refresh the database model in edmx file.but the properties for that colume still exist. why?

What do you mean you refreshed the db model in the edmx? I would assume that you were looking at the Model designer in Visual Studio for EF model , you did something in the designer to update the model, updated the model from the database using  designer option and 'Validated' the model, which should have generated a new edmx file.
    Thursday, May 3, 2018 10:15 AM
  • Hi Chivas_Tan,

>>I delete a colume of a table.then I refresh the database model in edmx file.but the properties for that colume still exist. why?

Based on your description, I create a simple sample and reproduce the issue on my side, it seems that it is entity framework issue, as a workaround, please remove the filed on edmx file by manually, right click the field->delete from model. like this:

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 4, 2018 5:39 AM