I need source code of WinRT

Question

• I'm working on a large WinRT project. Very often I get errors that I have no way to debug. I need to spend literary hours trying to figure out why they happen.

Here's a backtrace of one of the exceptions (deliberately posted here, I guess I don't need to tell how freaking annoying it is to look at these long meaningless names?):

KernelBase.dll!_RaiseException@16()	Unknown
     	msvcr110d.dll!_CxxThrowException(void * pExceptionObject=0x09e1f7c8, const _s__ThrowInfo * pThrowInfo=0x6e2ae03c) Line 152	C++
     	XYZ123Sdk.dll!`Windows::Foundation::TypedEventHandler<Windows::Networking::Sockets::DatagramSocket ^,Windows::Networking::Sockets::DatagramSocketMessageReceivedEventArgs ^>::TypedEventHandler<Windows::Networking::Sockets::DatagramSocket ^,Windows::Networking::Sockets::DatagramSocketMessageReceivedEventArgs ^><SL::WinRtUdpSocket,void (__cdecl SL::WinRtUdpSocket::*)(Windows::Networking::Sockets::DatagramSocket ^,Windows::Networking::Sockets::DatagramSocketMessageReceivedEventArgs ^)>'::`3'::__abi_PointerToMemberWeakRefCapture::Invoke(Windows::Networking::Sockets::DatagramSocket ^ __param0=0x0580db68, Windows::Networking::Sockets::DatagramSocketMessageReceivedEventArgs ^ __param1=0x0a48e938)	C++
    >	XYZ123Sdk.dll!Windows::Foundation::TypedEventHandler<Windows::Networking::Sockets::DatagramSocket ^,Windows::Networking::Sockets::DatagramSocketMessageReceivedEventArgs ^>::Invoke(Windows::Networking::Sockets::DatagramSocket ^ __param0=0x0580db68, Windows::Networking::Sockets::DatagramSocketMessageReceivedEventArgs ^ __param1=0x0a48e938)	C++
     	XYZ123Sdk.dll!?__abi_Windows_Foundation_?$TypedEventHandler@P$AAVDatagramSocket@Sockets@Networking@Windows@@P$AAVDatagramSocketMessageReceivedEventArgs@234@___abi_IDelegate____abi_Invoke@?Q__abi_IDelegate@?$TypedEventHandler@P$AAVDatagramSocket@Sockets@Networking@Windows@@P$AAVDatagramSocketMessageReceivedEventArgs@234@@Foundation@Windows@@234@U$AAGJP$AAVDatagramSocket@Sockets@Networking@4@P$AAVDatagramSocketMessageReceivedEventArgs@674@@Z(Windows::Networking::Sockets::DatagramSocket ^ __param0=0x0580db68, Windows::Networking::Sockets::DatagramSocketMessageReceivedEventArgs ^ __param1=0x0a48e938)	C++
     	Windows.Networking.dll!Windows::Internal::Details::GitInvokeHelper<struct Windows::Foundation::ITypedEventHandler<class Windows::Networking::Sockets::DatagramSocket *,class Windows::Networking::Sockets::DatagramSocketMessageReceivedEventArgs *>,class Windows::Internal::GitPtrSupportsAgile<struct Windows::Foundation::ITypedEventHandler<class Windows::Networking::Sockets::DatagramSocket *,class Windows::Networking::Sockets::DatagramSocketMessageReceivedEventArgs *> >,2>::Invoke(struct Windows::Networking::Sockets::IDatagramSocket *,struct Windows::Networking::Sockets::IDatagramSocketMessageReceivedEventArgs *)	Unknown
     	Windows.Networking.dll!Microsoft::WRL::EventSource<struct Windows::Foundation::ITypedEventHandler<class Windows::Networking::Sockets::MessageWebSocket *,class Windows::Networking::Sockets::MessageWebSocketMessageReceivedEventArgs *> >::DoInvoke<class `Microsoft::WRL::EventSource<struct Windows::Foundation::ITypedEventHandler<class Windows::Networking::Sockets::MessageWebSocket *,class Windows::Networking::Sockets::MessageWebSocketMessageReceivedEventArgs *> >::InvokeAll<class MessageWebSocketServer *,class MessageWebSocketMessageReceivedEventArgsServer *>(class MessageWebSocketServer *,class MessageWebSocketMessageReceivedEventArgsServer *)'::`3'::<lambda_3575374BFA8E4B28> >(class `Microsoft::WRL::EventSource<struct Windows::Foundation::ITypedEventHandler<class Windows::Networking::Sockets::MessageWebSocket *,class Windows::Networking::Sockets::MessageWebSocketMessageReceivedEventArgs *> >::InvokeAll<class MessageWebSocketServer *,class MessageWebSocketMessageReceivedEventArgsServer *>(class MessageWebSocketServer *,class MessageW	Unknown
     	Windows.Networking.dll!DatagramSocketReadOperationServer::IoCompletedCore(long,unsigned int,struct Windows::Networking::Sockets::IDatagramSocket *)	Unknown
     	Windows.Networking.dll!DatagramSocketReadOperationServer::IoCompleted(long,unsigned int,struct IInspectable *)	Unknown
     	Windows.Networking.dll!SocketIoContext::Invoke(struct IMFAsyncResult *)	Unknown
     	mfplat.dll!GetThreadData(unsigned long)	Unknown
     	KernelBase.dll!_BasepTpIoCallback@20()	Unknown
     	ntdll.dll!_TppIopExecuteCallback@16()	Unknown
     	ntdll.dll!_TppWorkerThread@4()	Unknown
     	kernel32.dll!@BaseThreadInitThunk@12()	Unknown
     	ntdll.dll!___RtlUserThreadStart@8()	Unknown
     	ntdll.dll!__RtlUserThreadStart@8()	Unknown

I'm sure that thousand developers employed by Microsoft aren't as unfortunate as me and they have access to source code where they can see what exactly is happening and why this error was thrown. I do not understand, why I have to suffer, and thousands of developers that do not work for microsoft suddenly have to spend countless hours debugging these cryptic errors.

It may sound like a joke, but I'm not in a festive mood. Is it deliberate convolution made to give competitive advantage for Microsoft insiders/employees? What am I supposed to do? Abandon project? Call Microsoft, pay thousands of dollars so that a dude that have access to source code could point out what's wrong in 5 minutes?

How can I get access to source code so that I would be able to debug just like any other developer employed by microsoft?

thanks.

• Edited by John Winrt Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:51 PM
    Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:49 PM

Answers