none
Reportviewer freezing form - Pls Pls help RRS feed

• Question

•  

I'm in desperate need of help from somebody. All my reports are ready and deployed on the server. I'm able to view the reports also in Win Forms using reportviewer.

I have a very basic form in which all the available reports are displayed in a listbox, a button near the list gives the option of displaying report in reportviewer.

But as soon as I display the first report, after that no matter how many times I click the button by going on next report, button event is not firing at all. Even the form's close button is also not letting me close the form.

Has somebody encountered similar issues ?? Pls help me for this as I'm not able to complete my program due to this bug.

Sunday, September 30, 2007 2:00 PM

Answers

• I'm lucky that somebody has responded in reportviewer forums. I posted so many messages with different problems but nobody responded.

This particular problem was solved as that issue was related with Listbox, that was the cause of freezing form.

I had some other issues with reportviewer and i will again post in this forum. If you can help me on this then I will be very thankful.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 7:56 AM

All replies

• Was this ever answered? If not, a little more information would be helpful, like a general idea of how the reports are being loaded and displayed, how the form handles the ReportViewer control, etc.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 8:14 PM
  • I'm lucky that somebody has responded in reportviewer forums. I posted so many messages with different problems but nobody responded.

This particular problem was solved as that issue was related with Listbox, that was the cause of freezing form.

I had some other issues with reportviewer and i will again post in this forum. If you can help me on this then I will be very thankful.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 7:56 AM
  • This is not directed at you but please note that in general a lot of posts are vague and so devoid of details that it's impossible to even guess at what might be going on.

When you post questions, try to give enough information that people can have some idea what's going on. Scores or even hundreds of lines of code are generally not required, but it helps to know if the implementation is using LocalMode or web based RV, some idea what the implementation is doing, etc.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 3:09 PM