how to control a wcf reference with security RRS feed

• Question

• hi;

I want control add a reference , So When the user or developer or hacker etc. add a reference I want to throw a credential or others security issue .

Thanks in advance .

Monday, August 28, 2017 9:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Aly14,

Is there any other issue for this thread? If not, I would suggest you mark the helpful reply as answer which is the way to close a thread here.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Aly14 Thursday, August 31, 2017 8:56 AM
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 2:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Aly14,

Did you host WCF Service in IIS or self-host? If hosting it in IIS, you could use IIS Authentication.

IIS->Select the WCF Service Application->Features View->Authentication->disable Anonymous Authentication->Enable Basic Authentication

Then, when accessing wsdl address, you will be required to provide user name(domain/username) and password.

Note, by this way, you will need to enable Security on the binding in WCF web.config.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 2:06 AM
  • I can't change the Authantication type,IIS also services as web site.
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 12:00 PM
  • Hi Aly,

>> add a reference I want to throw a credential or others security issue .

Changing the IIS WCF Service Application Security is the only option to achieve this requirement. If you could not change the IIS Security, the answer for your question is impossible.

In addition, has your below thread been resolved? If it has, I would suggest you mark the helpful reply as answer. If not, please keep following, and we will provide suggestion according your follow comments.

# how to stop windows service remotely that located same network

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b57e903e-0c84-4566-a49c-c6235b797420/how-to-stop-windows-service-remotely-that-located-same-network?forum=wcf

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:24 AM
  • It's all ok
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 1:27 PM
  • Hi Aly14,

Is there any other issue for this thread? If not, I would suggest you mark the helpful reply as answer which is the way to close a thread here.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Aly14 Thursday, August 31, 2017 8:56 AM
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 2:49 AM