none
Error Msg : (application.exe) has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts!

I would like to ask for a possible reason why this error msg. appears everytime I run my program

(application.exe) has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience

in some workstations my program works fine. but in some computer it doesnt?

I seearch for some solutions but still it didn't work?

Pls need help. I need to deploy my program. Thanks

tatas move
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 4:14 AM

Answers

• Hi Cerebralkink,

Thank you for your post.

Based on the error message, it means that your application crashed when you ran it.

Some clarification with you:
    What kind of project is it? Winform application?
    What's the target framework of your application?

Please try checking in the event log and see if you see any exceptions that are logged around the time that the error occurs. It might shed some light on this problem.
    For more information on how to view event log, please see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:00 AM
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Cerebralkink,

Thank you for your post.

Based on the error message, it means that your application crashed when you ran it.

Some clarification with you:
    What kind of project is it? Winform application?
    What's the target framework of your application?

Please try checking in the event log and see if you see any exceptions that are logged around the time that the error occurs. It might shed some light on this problem.
    For more information on how to view event log, please see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:00 AM
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:03 AM
  • Hi Jeffery,

It's my pleasure.

I'm so glad that this suggestion can be helpful.

Have a nice week!

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Monday, August 9, 2010 7:22 AM