New column did not appear in the list after creating in sharepoint site. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a sharepoint site where I want to create a list.

I have created the list but my boss wants me to beautify the list and make it look dynamic.

I use the sharepoint designer 2007 to insert a custom list. After inserting custom list, I manage to change the layout of the list tables putting headers and adding javascript to collapse certain tables within the list.

After all is done, I saved the newform.aspx and run it on the site. It works perfectly.

But, on the otherhand, under the CMS rule, when I tried to create a new column under the list settings, the new column was created successfully, but it did not appear in the newform.aspx

I am not sure what i missed out here.

Can anyone help?

• Edited by zildbanez Friday, May 18, 2012 4:16 AM
    Friday, May 18, 2012 4:14 AM

Answers

• Did you modify/customize the newForm.aspx page?

I work with custom list all the time and I always create them using the browser. Any new columns added later on will automatically show up in the new/edit/display form. Not sure if using SharePoint Designer to create the list can affect this (haven't tried it yet).

As for "beautify the list", what was the requirements? Was it about the newForm.aspx page or just for viewing data? If it was just about the view, then you could create a data view using SharePoint designer and leave newForm.aspx as default. Then work on your dataview according to your requirements.

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/

Saturday, May 19, 2012 3:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Zildbanez,

Using SPM2007[SharePoint Manager 2007] you can achieve this. Edit the list item column using SPM2007 and set the Hidden Property as "false"

SharePoint Manager 2007 Enable the Hidden value

Friday, May 18, 2012 5:00 AM
  • Hi VadiveluB,

Thanks for this advise. But I have no access to the sharepoint server. I am only restricted to the sharepoint designer 2007 at the moment.

Are there any functions in the SPD 2007 where the new columns can be reflected in the DVWP without manually adding it back?

Or any developers out there who can advise alternatives to maintain the "Create new Column" function for CMS users?

Friday, May 18, 2012 8:27 AM
  • Did you modify/customize the newForm.aspx page?

I work with custom list all the time and I always create them using the browser. Any new columns added later on will automatically show up in the new/edit/display form. Not sure if using SharePoint Designer to create the list can affect this (haven't tried it yet).

As for "beautify the list", what was the requirements? Was it about the newForm.aspx page or just for viewing data? If it was just about the view, then you could create a data view using SharePoint designer and leave newForm.aspx as default. Then work on your dataview according to your requirements.

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/

Saturday, May 19, 2012 3:08 AM