none
Publish app with MIT licence dll

Question

• Hi Windows Community!

In my Silverlight 8.1 app I have used AppBarUtils which is on MIT license. So I should write about that in my app license. I have used some free icons too and I would like to write about that. Where I can add informations about used features and files during the publishing to store?

Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:03 PM

Answers

• Hello Maciej,

you can add information about used features and files in your app's about page and in the app's Store description.

Lorenzo

Thursday, August 13, 2015 10:43 PM

All replies

• Hello Maciej,

you can add information about used features and files in your app's about page and in the app's Store description.

Lorenzo

Thursday, August 13, 2015 10:43 PM
  • Hi!

You can read in the MIT License that the very one condition the license want is:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

So you have to include the MIT License in your distribution, for example in an info page dedicated to the app development and additionally adding the reference in the Windows Store description. The full text can be found at opensource.org/licenses/MIT (be careful to fill properly the fields in the license body!)

For free icons, usually the condition the authors desire is their contribution be mentioned as just described for the MIT License. You can find the details for every case in the website they choose for the icon distribution.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 3:30 PM