Exception from ListToBindableVectorAdapter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

in an 8.1 app containing a SemanticZoom(ZoomedOutView = ListView, ZoomedInView == FlipView) i get in some cases the following Exception.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: This collection cannot work with indices larger than Int32.MaxValue - 1 (0x7FFFFFFF - 1).

Parameter name: index

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.ListToBindableVectorAdapter.EnsureIndexInt32(UInt32 index, Int32 listCapacity)

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.ListToBindableVectorAdapter.GetAt(UInt32 index)

The callstack is null. Does anyone has a clue how to debug this? It happens by random and I do not have any clue what could be the reason for that. When switching between the views via mouse I do not get the exception. It happens when switching between views via touch.

lh

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:07 PM

All replies

• Hi, Lars

Can u please upload you project in the skyDrive and share a link in the forum? There do not

have enough information to know why the problem occur.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Edited by Anne Jing Friday, November 1, 2013 1:43 AM from
    Friday, November 1, 2013 1:43 AM
  • Hi Anne,

sorry for not providing sourcecode this time. I didn´t want to spend time of breaking the whole solution down to a reproducable sample... it´s a Little bit bigger this time. I wanted to know if someone in the community or MS can give me a hint, how to narrow this down. ListToBindableVectorAdapter has no documentation and from the SourceCode provided here, I only can tell that the exception is happening when indices are larger than Int32.MaxValue. Fair deal. But my collections i´m using only contains ~1000 items, And i´m not Aware that I use ListToBindableVectorAdapter. So it would be nice to now where this class is used to get a direction what to look into.

It´s either FlipView or ListView causing the issue... but I can not tell because my stacktrace is empty.

lh

Friday, November 1, 2013 12:22 PM