Devloper license issue in VS 2012 for Windows8 Store app.

Question

• i have tried approx all solution.

1. stopped Network location aware service . that didn't work for me.

2. disabled proxy settings. that didn't work for me.

3. tried a temporary user for acquiring dev license.  that didn't work for me.

4. switching on MS a/c also didn't work for me.

Now suggest me what should i do for this problem.

Regards,

pankaj

Friday, August 8, 2014 3:01 PM

All replies

• For wp8 development i don't have any issue with this installation.

Friday, August 8, 2014 3:06 PM
  • Hi,

What is the error you are getting?

-Malleswar

Friday, August 8, 2014 5:42 PM
  • Hi Malleswar,

Thanks for you reply.

I am getting following error.

We couldn't get your developer license for Windows 8.

error 0x80004005: Unspecified error.

what should i do to resolve this. I tried lots of solution provided by forum members at this blog but failed to get it work.

Regards,

pankaj

Monday, August 11, 2014 9:02 AM
  • Hi Malleswar,

Thanks for you reply.

what should i do to resolve this. I tried lots of solution provided by forum members at this blog but failed to get it work.

Regards,

pankaj

I check with following commands at power shell and found my dev license had expired.

C:\PS> Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration C:\PS> Get-WindowsDeveloperLicense C:\PS> Unregister-WindowsDeveloperLicense

So i unregistered and again tried to get it but still it got failed. so now i don't have any dev license.

Regards,

pankaj

Monday, August 11, 2014 9:31 AM
  • Hi Malleswar,

Thanks for you reply.

Regards,

pankaj

I check with following commands at power shell and found my dev license had expired.

C:\PS> Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration C:\PS> Get-WindowsDeveloperLicense C:\PS> Unregister-WindowsDeveloperLicense

So i unregistered and again tried to get it but still it got failed. so now i don't have any dev license.

Regards,

pankaj

error at console:

PS C:\Windows\system32> Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration
    Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration : Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration], COMException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : AcquireDeveloperLicenseException,Microsoft.Windows.DeveloperLicense.Commands.ShowWindows
       DeveloperLicenseRegistrationCommand

Monday, August 11, 2014 10:38 AM
  • Hi pkv7005,

Will this thread give you some idea: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/112c6b04-9eda-49f2-95d8-62e0a169f99e/problems-getting-developer-license-in-visual-studio-express-2012-rc-for-windows-8?forum=toolsforwinapps

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, August 18, 2014 1:48 AM